Skip Navigation

Who do I contact to make a complaint?

You may contact your supervisor or anyone in your chain of command. It is requested that you use your chain of command in order to allow the system a chance to work as designed and to keep problem solving kept as close to the source of the problem as possible. If you find that you have no success within your chain of command, then you may contact Employee Relations to investigate the situation. Complaints of harassment should be reported to Human Resources immediately.

What is EAP?

EAP stands for Employee Assistance Program. This program is designed to assist employees with issues ranging from substance abuse to mental/physical health counseling to financial planning subjects. More information may be found at:

Where do I go for drug testing?

HR will retain a list of approved drug testing facilities. These will be promulgated as needed to supervisors.

Why do I have to go to drug testing?

Employees are required to undergo drug testing in order to ensure a healthy, safe and secure work environment for all employees.

Does my supervisor have to go with me for drug testing?

Yes, your supervisor must accompany you to drug testing as per policy.

I’ve been notified that my drug results are positive. Will I be terminated?

It depends on the circumstances of your results. If this is your first positive test and there are no aggravating circumstances, you may be given the opportunity to attend rehabilitative counseling to deal with the issue. If this is your second positive test or there are aggravating circumstances, you will be terminated. See Substance Abuse policy.

Who do I contact if I need to take off for a medical reason for myself or a family member?

You will typically contact your supervisor or the next person in the chain of command for medical conditions lasting two days or less. If you find that you require three or more days off, you will notify your supervisor that you will be requesting FMLA and then contact Employee Relations to coordinate FMLA leave. You may find that you will need to take small portions of time off to deal with certain situations. In this case you will be put on Intermittent FMLA.

What paperwork do I need to use FMLA?

Escambia County Application for Family and Medical Leave Act leave. Board of County Commissioners Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information, or HIPPA, form. Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition (Family and Medical Leave Act) form number WH‐380‐E or F (“E” is for employee and “F” is for family member).

What is an Exit Interview?

An exit Interview is a means for the county to capture significant amounts of information as to why an employee is leaving county employment. This is an opportunity for an employee to share what the county is doing right and areas that may need attention.

What is the MSPB?

The Merit System Protection Board is an appointed board made up of three citizens and two designated members of the Sheriff’s Department which conduct quasi-judicial hearings and render administrative decisions to determine whether or not to uphold the appealed disciplinary action of any eligible employee of that appointing authority.

Escambia Countuy Logo

The mission of Escambia County government is to provide efficient, responsive services that enhance our quality of life, meet common needs and promote a safe and healthy community.

Under Florida law, IP addresses and both the content of emails and email addresses are public records. If you do not want your IP address and the content of your email or your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in person.

All content © 2023 Escambia County, FL and its representatives. All rights reserved.