Income Based Roof Program
The Escambia County Community Redevelopment Agency’s Income Based Roof program provides residential roof replacement services to income-qualifying homeowners located within Escambia County’s designated redevelopment areas. The intent of the program is to both eliminate blight and improve public health and safety. Eligible applicants may receive assistance towards 100% of roof replacement services based on income eligibility set by the 2021 Escambia County Area Median Income Guidelines. Funding is based on availability and will be provided on a first come, first served basis. All services provided under this program will be conducted by a licensed and insured contractor provided by the CRA. Funding for this program is provided by Tax Incremental Financing (TIF). The Income Based Roofing Program is a one-time service per property owner.
- Property must be located within Escambia County’s designated Community Redevelopment Area.
- Applicant(s) must be the property owner(s) and provide proof of property ownership.
- Roof must show obvious signs of leaking or damage. Eligibility will be determined based on the extent of the damage noted during inspection.
- Property must be zoned for residential use and used for residential purposes.
- Property must be homestead exempt.
- Applicant(s) must not be delinquent on payment of ad valorem property taxes.
- Property must not have outstanding code violations and/or judgment liens.
- Household income must not exceed 80% of the Escambia County Area Median Income, as set forth below.
Escambia County Median Area Income Guidelines (2021)