How to Become a Pensacola Beach Lifeguard
Upcoming Tryout Dates:
- No further tryouts are planned for the 2021 season. Tryouts for the 2022 season will be announced at a later date.
- The tryout will consist of a 600-yard pool swim in 10 minutes or less and a 1.5-mile run at the UWF track in 12 minutes or less.
- The minimum age requirement is 16-years-old.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- If you pass the physical tests in the allotted time and meet all of the other requirements, you will be scheduled for an interview.
If selected to be hired, you will receive paid training. Training includes, but is not limited to, successfully passing 80 hours of open water training and emergency medical training.
The minimum requirements are non-negotiable and are conditions of employment.
Starting pay: $14.57/hr.
You must be present at a tryout to be considered for employment. Please bring all certifications with you.
Instructions on how to apply for the position will be given at tryouts.
If you have any questions, please contact the lifeguard team