Permit and Franchise Information
Instructions for obtaining a permit and/or franchise agreement to haul commercial solid waste. To obtain a Certificate of Need, Solid Waste Management Permit and/or a Non-Exclusive Franchise Agreement, follow these steps:
- Complete the application for Certificate of Need
- The application is required to accurately reflect the company's legal name, address and ownership. Include the necessary information requested.
- Complete the application for a Solid Waste Management Permit
- A list of company trucks and equipment (including year, make, VIN and tag numbers), company location and other pertinent data must be included.
- Complete the Corporate Information Sheet
- Provide an original Certificate of Insurance listing General Liability, Automobile Liability and Worker's Compensation in accordance with Resolution 2006-169
- The Board of County Commissioners must be listed as additional insured. If your company is not required to carry Worker's Compensation, please submit a copy of the State of Florida Worker's Compensation Exemption Certificate.
- Provide a copy of the company's current business tax receipt
- Enclose a $150 check for the permit application fee payable to the Escambia County Board of County Commissioners
- Contact our office for information about a Non-Exclusive Franchise Agreement for hauling residential or commercial solid waste
- Escambia County Code of Ordinances, Chapter 82, Article IV, Section 82-131 through 82-150 describes the requirements.