Escambia County Correctional Facility
The Escambia County Correctional Facility and its employees are dedicated to public service and the care, custody and control of the inmates detained. All inmates are treated with fairness and respect, with the primary goal of maintaining a safe, humane, and secure environment for both inmates and staff. In addition, the jail supports former inmates in their attempts to reintegrate into the community by providing programs that will promote a positive attitude and encourage behavioral changes. Opened in Spring 2021, the facility has a 840-bed capacity and comes equipped with correctional facility support functions.
The Escambia County Correctional Facility features:
- Each housing unit has a day area, recreational yard, triage room and multi-purpose room. The multi-purpose room can be utilized for classes and religious services.
- Inmates can receive medical treatment at housing units and will not need to get escorted to an infirmary out-patient clinic to receive medical services.
- The facility is designed with separate wings to house and provide services for juveniles, keeping juveniles out of normal sight and sound of adult inmates.
- The facility has various styles of housing to accommodate various classifications of inmates.
- The facility is PREA compliant. (Prison Rape Elimination Act)
- The facility has energy saving features including motion sensors for staff areas and water control within the housing units to reduce waste.
- The kitchen accommodates servicing both facilities.
- Parking and entrances for the public are separate from staff parking and entrance points.
- Staff control stations within each housing unit utilize touch-screen access. Staff have duress alarms which alert master control and inmates have a call button to contact staff.
- The facility has a staff gym and training areas.
- The facility has a large court room.
- There is a public access area to pay bonds and retrieve inmate property.
- The facility offers video visitation.