The Main Jail Section is supervised by a 1st Lieutenant. This section includes: MJ housing shifts A, B, C and D; inspections; E shift; projects; and inmate work crews. Phase I of the Main Jail was completed in 1982 and Phase II was completed in 1984. Renovation has been completed several times over the years, with the last one taking place in 2003.
- The Main Jail is a traditional, podular jail facility.
- The Main Jail has 815 beds, 36 of which are designated as infirmary, 17 as special housing and 84 as administrative/disciplinary confinement.
- Medical and mental health services provided by nationally accredited staff.
- Crisis intervention and programs available.
- Ability to process bail for all Escambia County Jail inmates 24/7.
Booking & Transportation
The Booking & Transportation Section is supervised by a 1st Lieutenant. Booking & Transportation includes: booking shifts A, B, C and D; court services; transportation; inmate property; classification; and inmate records. These units are located at the Main Jail.