- Pre-Trial Services encompasses the Pre-Trial Release Program. PTR provides an alternative to incarceration while a defendant has pending criminal charges in Escambia County.
- The Pre-Trial Release officers monitor the conditions set forth by the court and provide supervision to assist the defendant, victim, the court and the public.
- A defendant may be court-ordered to Pre-Trial Release, or the defendant may be referred to Pre-Trial Release to monitor while the defendant is released on bond via a bondsman or cash bond.
- There are no cost of supervision fees for the Pre-Trial Release Program. If the court orders a defendant to undergo testing, the defendant is responsible for paying his or her testing fees.
- Testing Fees: $15 for breath/alcohol, $25 for urinalysis
Money orders, Visa or MasterCard credit cards are accepted for all fees.
- The defendant is referred to Pre-Trial Release by a judge.
- Release paperwork is completed by the jail staff, and a copy is provided to the defendant.
- The defendant is instructed on the conditions of their release and given a copy of their release conditions.
- The defendant will report weekly, unless otherwise directed by the court. The defendant is required to report until his or her case is successfully completed, revoked for failure to comply or removed from Pre-Trial Release by the court.
Goals of Pre-Trial Release
- To ensure the safety of the community.
- To ensure the defendant’s appearance for all scheduled court appearances.
- To provide supervision of defendants through weekly office visits, scheduled and random field visits, telephone contact and correspondence.
- To diligently respond to judicial needs.
- To professionally execute court orders.