Adoption Fees (Special event pricing may be available)
Adoption fees include spay or neuter surgery, microchip, heartworm tests, basic vaccinations
including rabies, and other veterinary care as needed while at the shelter. The adopter is responsible for any medical care after the adoption has been completed. Adopters are encouraged to take their new pet to a primary vet within the first week and owners will be provided a copy of their pets medical record to show the vet.
Animal License Tags
- Cats under 3 years of age ‐ $50
- Cats over 3 years of age ‐ $30
- Dogs under 3 years of age ‐ $95
- Dogs over 3 years of age ‐ $55
Escambia County residents must also purchase a license for $11 (animals must be licensed within seven days of adoption), and then annually. The tag must be worn by the cat or dog. This tag provides information that will allow Animal Services to easily verify if the animal is current on rabies vaccinations in the event of a bite. It helps in contacting the owner of a lost animal.
Additional Adoption Services at Request
- Altered Animal ‐$11 – Senior citizens (Owner over 60 years of age) ‐ $7
- Unaltered Animal ‐ $30 – Senior Citizen (Owner over 60 years of age) ‐ $12
- Duplicate tag (replacement for a lost tag) ‐ $6
- Juvenile Animal (Pet under 6 months of age) ‐ $12
- Dangerous/Vicious dog registration (annual renewal) ‐ $200
Redemption of Impounded Animals
- Cardboard cat carrier (for the safety of adopted cats and their adopters we require that the adopter have some type of acceptable carrier to transport the new pet home) ‐ $5
Redemption fees will be calculated at the time of redemption and may include the following.
- Boarding fees - $7 per day cat/$10 per day dog
- Quarantine/legal hold - $10 per day cat/$15 per day dog
- Rabies vaccination (if not current) - $15
- Microchip - $15
- County license- $7 to $30
- Other redemption fees - based on intake procedures, medical needs, license status and number of offenses
- Any citations for violations of county ordinances. Multiple citations can be issued.