Escambia County Community Transportation (ECCT)
- Escambia County Community Transportation will temporarily suspend all paratransit services after 7 p.m. for weekday and Saturday services. All medical necessary trips will be honored. Sunday service is temporarily suspended. All expired eligibility will be extended for 90 days. In-person eligibility interviews will be rescheduled or completed over the phone. Please call ECCT Customer Service at 850- 595-0501 if you need assistance.
- ECCT Paratransit subscription trips will continue to be pre-screened for COVID-19 and may be modified.
- For everyone’s safety, schedulers are booking passenger trips throughout the day on vehicles to accommodate social distancing. Vehicles are disinfected and cleaned frequently.
- For the safety of our riders and drivers, we are asking riders to help by wearing a protective cloth face covering, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, when you find it necessary to use ECCT Paratransit. Drivers have been instructed to wear Personal Protective Equipment..
- ECCT drivers will not be entering businesses, medical clinics and other facilities to pick up paratransit riders. Please be ready outside or at the door when the vehicle arrives.
- Please always cover your coughs and sneezes, keep your hands washed and make sure your mobility aid is sanitized and free of excess baggage.
- Starting Monday, June 22 until further notice, ECAT and ADA Transportation will run peak service only, 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. then 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. This modified service will take place Monday through Saturday, without service on Sundays. Buses will run every two hours with the final route trips departing ECAT and downtown at 6 p.m. ECAT will temporarily suspend routes 41, 59A and 59X. Beach Trolleys will run regular hours 4 p.m. to midnight, with limited service running two trolleys instead of three. Schedules are subject to change as more drivers return to work. Additional details here.
NOTICE: These procedures may be revised due to the ever-changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic. Posted 4/21/20
Escambia County Tax Collector
All Tax Collector offices are open.
Protocols for COVID-19 still are in place and all customers are required to wear masks.
To ensure a successful visit and transaction, citizens are encouraged to visit our “What Do I Bring” page at EscambiaTaxCollector.com. After confirming all document requirements have been met, Escambia County residents may “Join the Line” for service.
After joining the line, customers will receive an estimated wait time by text. Wait times may be longer than normal. Customers should remain in their vehicles until called for service. When called, their transactions will be pre-screened prior to entering. Customers will have their temperature checked with a non-contact thermometer and be screened prior to entering the lobby.
Driver licenses and identification cards that expired from March 16 to May 30 have been automatically extended; we ask customers to take advantage of the additional time to allow our offices to assist customers who must be served immediately.
Vision requirements have not been waived for driver license transactions, so a vision test will be given. If customers are uncomfortable with the vision machine, they can request a vision form be sent via email that can be taken to an eye care professional and completed before the customer visits our office.
Driving exams are being handled on a walk-in basis only. The queue for driving exams opens at 7:30 a.m. Visit EscambiaTaxCollector.com/skills.
The following transactions are available at our Online Payment Center only and will NOT be processed in the lobbies:
- Registration (Tag) Renewal
License plate or tag renewals MUST be renewed online using our convenient RenewExpress system. You can choose same-day pick up available at one of our three convenient drive thru locations or choose to have the registration mailed to you after next-day processing.
- Business Tax Receipt
Our Payment Center allows you to create an original or to renew or edit a current record. It is a great way to locate a business in our county. Searching by keywords such as plumbing will create a list of plumbing businesses.
- Property Tax
Pay property tax, review full payment history, research and print prior years receipts and search ownership by name or address.
- Hunting and Fishing License
Purchase or renew your hunting and fishing license.
Full payment of fees is required at time of service, and payment may be made by eCheck, debit, or credit cards. Payments made by eCheck are fee-free. Credit and debit transactions are subject to convenience fees charged by the payment vendor(s).
For more information on tax collector services, visit EscambiaTaxCollector.com.
West Florida Public Libraries
West Florida Public Libraries is pleased to announce patrons will be able to browse shelves again beginning, Thursday, April 15. The Virtual Shelf and online order pickup options are still available.
The Virtual Shelf is a great resource if your desired title has a lot of Holds. For non-fiction titles the Virtual Shelf works by showing titles with similar subject matter.
• Go to MyWFPL.com
• Top right in "Catalog" type in a title or author (example: Stephen King)
• Click on any title
• Click "Browse Virtual Shelf" that appears below the item’s title and author’s name, just to the right of the "Place Hold and Add To List buttons."
Online order pickup is still available. Requests for library materials placed prior to arrival will be ready for pickup at your vehicle. Designated online order pickup spaces will be marked. Drive-thru services are closed.
West Florida Public Libraries also increased eBook, eAudiobook and eMagazine titles for electronic access during COVID-19.
Please also see the following tips for using West Florida Public Libraries amenities:
- Below is a list of library sites and times:
- Century Branch Library - 7991 N. Century Blvd., Century, 850-256-6217.
Tuesday - Friday from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Genealogy Branch Library - 5740 N. Ninth Ave., Pensacola, 850-494-7373
Tuesday - Friday from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. www.mywfpl.com to place reservations online or call 850-494-7373
- Molino Branch Library - 6450-A Hwy. 95A, Molino, 850-435-1760
Monday - Friday from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.www.mywfpl.com to place reservations online or call .
- Pensacola Library - 239 N. Spring St., Pensacola, 850-436-5060
Monday - Friday from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. www.mywfpl.com to place reservations online or call 850-436-5060.
NOTE: The Children's department will not be opening on April 15 due to Hurricane Sally damage.
- Southwest Branch Library - 12248 Gulf Beach Hwy., Pensacola, 850-453-7780. Monday - Friday from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tryon Branch Library - 1200 Langley Ave., Pensacola, 50-471-6980
Monday - Friday from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Westside Branch Library - 1301 W. Gregory St., Pensacola, 850-595-1047
Monday - Friday from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
To place holds visit www.mywfpl.com to place reservations online or call your branch library.