The Escambia County Land Purchase Incentive Program allows Escambia County to discount property prices for economic development projects that locate in county-owned commerce parks.
The following criteria are applied as a basis for determining land purchase incentives for qualifying businesses in the form of discounts to the purchase price of certain county-owned industrial property:
- In order to be eligible for this incentive, new jobs must be created and retained for a period of at least three years from grant award.
- Any business receiving this award must generate at least 51 percent of its revenue outside of Escambia County.
- Qualifying businesses must either provide and fund employee health insurance and retirement benefits or provide employees the opportunity to purchase said benefits.
- In order to be eligible, jobs created by the new or expanding businesses must pay 100 percent or more of Escambia County's average annual wage. Benefits are not included as part of the wage. Exceptions to the minimum average wage requirement may be approved on a case-by- case basis by the Board of County Commissioners.
- The minimum number of jobs created or retained by an expanding business must meet or exceed at least 10 new jobs within one year. New businesses must create at least 10 new jobs within two years.
- To be eligible for this program, the grantee must be designated as a target industry by the Board of County Commissioners pursuant to an adopted resolution. However, non-targeted industries may be eligible for consideration if a proposed expansion or relocation is scheduled to occur within a targeted area (i.e., CRA areas, enterprise zones, other areas identified by the Board of County Commissioners) pursuant to an adopted resolution.