Updated at 3 p.m. Oct. 22:
Please reference the prior updates and Escambia County COVID-19 Update #11 for a prior comprehensive running list. View an updated list of how to access county services here. This update only includes new information we have received. Weekend updates will be distributed only when there is new information.
- Hospital Information totals
- Hospitalizations 51 (current hospitalizations as of 2 p.m. Oct. 22, 2020)
- Bed Capacity 1,397 (as of 9:10 a.m. Oct. 22, 2020 (county SITREP)
- Bed Occupancy 1,033 (as of 9:10 a.m. Oct. 22, 2020 (county SITREP)
- Beds Available 364 (as of 2 p.m. Oct. 22, 2020)
- Total Ventilators 215 (as of 2 p.m. Oct. 22, 2020)
- Available Ventilators 160 (as of 2 p.m. Oct. 22, 2020)
- Testing sites
- Rapid testing information
Escambia County Corrections
Florida Department of Health in Escambia County
- Cumulatively, 594 Escambia County inmates have been tested:
- 208 positive (182 have been medically cleared, and 16 have been released from custody, leaving 10 active, positive cases with no medical concerns at this time)
- 379 negative
- 7 pending
- At the Walton County jail, 29 Escambia County inmates tested positive out of the 146 inmates housed there.
FDOH-Escambia’s drive-thru testing site is free to all Florida residents with or without symptoms. Pre-screening is not required. Open October 19-23 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. CT at 1300 West Gregory St., Pensacola, FL 32502. Dates are subject to change due to inclement weather or shortage of supplies. For more information, please visit the dedicated COVID-19 webpage.
- The Florida Department of Health (the Department) issued a Public Health Advisory recommending the following: all individuals in Florida should wear face coverings in any setting where social distancing is not possible, and all individuals should refrain from participation in social or recreational gatherings of more than 10 people.
- As of 2 p.m., Oct. 22, Escambia County has had 13,130 positive COVID-19 cases. This number is expected to change daily due to the return of results from ongoing testing. The best source for up-to-date information regarding confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida is the Florida Department of Health website and the associated Data and Surveillance Dashboard and Daily Report. The site is currently updated once daily, at around 2 p.m. CT.
- The total number of COVID-19 related deaths in Escambia County residents is 269 individuals.
- The Department releases a list of long-term care facilities in Florida associated with COVID-19 cases with active cases and number of deaths in each facility in order to provide real-time data. The list of long-term care facilities with active COVID-19 cases is available here.
- To view demographics of cases in Escambia County, visit the COVID-19 dashboard and select Escambia County. The following case data will appear: age, gender, race, and ethnicity.
- Need extra support dealing with stress and coping during this time? Find a list of available resources at Escambiahealth.com.
- Printable resources for restaurants and businesses can be found on the resources page of the FDOH COVID-19 website.