Escambia County and the City of Pensacola are jointly participating in the Coronavirus Relief Funds made available by Florida Housing Finance Corporation. Approximately $813,451 will be made available Tuesday, Sept. 1 to assist eligible applicants impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic with rent, mortgage, and/or utility assistance.
Eligible expenses must occur between March 1, 2020 and Dec. 30, 2020. Maximum assistance will be $3,000 per household and will be paid directly to the landlord, mortgage, or utility company.
General eligibility requirements:
- Escambia County resident (including City of Pensacola and Town of Century)
- Income adversely impacted by COVID-19
- Total household income cannot exceed 120% Area Median Income
- This program is for past due rent, mortgage and utilities ONLY
Income requirements are as follows:
Applications will be accepted beginning Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020, through Monday, Sept. 14, 2020, or until funds have been committed. Applications will be available online at 8 a.m., Tuesday, Sept. 1 at myescambia.com/CARES. For further information, contact Meredith Reeves at 850-595-1642 or EscambiaCaresRentandMortgage@myescambia.com.
Paper applications will be available at the following locations starting Tuesday, Sept. 1 for citizens who do not have online access:
- Escambia County Extension Services, 3740 Stefani Rd. (Wednesday, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Escambia County Neighborhood Enterprise Division, 221 Palafox Place, Suite 200 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Brownsville Community Center, 3200 W. DeSoto St. (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Carver Park Resource Center, 208 Webb St. (Tuesday, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Century City Hall, 7995 N Century Blvd. (date and time, TBD)
- Ebonwood Community Center, 3511 West Scott St. (Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Marie K. Young-Wedgewood Community Center, 6405 Wagner Rd. (Tuesday and Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Molino Library, 6450-A Hwy 95A N (Wednesday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Walnut Hill Community Center, 7850 Hwy. 97N (date and time, TBD)
- West Florida Public Libraries
Completed paper applications with attachments should be emailed to EscambiaCaresRentandMortgage@myescambia.com, faxed to 850-595-0342, or dropped off at the Brownsville Community Center or Neighborhood Enterprise Division. Please make sure all attachments are clear and legible. Applicants needing assistance with completing applications should call 850-595-1642 for further guidance.
General information on the program may be obtained by visiting myescambia.com/our-services/neighborhood-human-services/neighborhood-enterprise or by calling 850-595-0872 or emailing EscambiaCaresRentandMortgage@myescambia.com.