The Community Development Block Grant Corona Virus (CDBG-CV) Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program will assist households with mortgage payments, including forbearance, past due balances, late fees, penalties, and Gulf Power/FPL/ECUA/other utilities expenses of up to but not exceeding three (3) months' costs, or $8,000.00.
Only one application per property is eligible. The application must meet the following guidelines.
- The applicant must own a single-family residential property in Escambia County, Florida outside City of Pensacola limits and
- The property owner must occupy the property as primary residence as indicated by having Homestead Exemption and
- If applying for Mortgage Assistance, the owner must have a first-lien or primary mortgage with a forbearance or past due balance due to COVID-19 and
- The mortgage must have been current as of March 2020 and
- The property must not be listed for sale and
- The household of the applicant must demonstrate a financial hardship (loss of income and/or increase in expenses) due to COVID-19 and
- The household of the applicants must have a maximum household income at or below 80 percent AMI