In an effort to support and enhance the Escambia County mission, the Emergency Management Division will continue to develop and enhance the efforts of an all-hazard, multi-jurisdictional, multi-organizational plan through prevention, preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation disaster activities. It is this mission that drives us to continuously evaluate our plans and procedures to better our preparedness and response activities for the citizens of Escambia County.
FY 2016-2017 Accomplishments
- Participated in more than 13 different public outreach/education programs, reaching hundreds of residents and business owners and encouraging them to actively participate in preparing for and mitigating against future disasters.
- Participated in multi-agency disaster exercises which included the annual Florida Statewide Hurricane Exercise, Pensacola International Airport Aircraft Incident Exercise, and several multi- agency tabletop exercises focusing on response and recovery activities.
Emergency Response Activities
- Participated in the coordination of a host shelter for evacuees from Hurricane Irma. The shelter was in the Pensacola Bay Center, housing over 228 evacuees, including 55 pets.
- Escambia County emergency responders provided mutual aid response to the peninsula of Florida in support of those communities impacted by Hurricane Irma.
- The Division of Emergency Management provided command and control assets for the two Blue Angel air shows on Pensacola Beach and NAS Pensacola.