Residential Plan Review Requirements
The following is a list of the general requirements for constructions plans for a single family or addition to a single family house. Escambia County Building Inspections uses a comprehensive checklist for all plan reviews. This checklist is available for you to download at Plan Review Checklist. If you or your designer follow this list during the design phase, plan review should proceed much easier. Plans must be signed and sealed by a Florida registered architect or engineer.
Floor Plan (each level):
Floor Framing Layout:
- Specify size, spacing and position of all structural framing members.
- Specify pre-engineered floor trusses or joist.
- Specify size and location of girders or beams.
- Specify all truss and joist hangers and hurricane tie-downs.
- Indicate cantilevered trusses/rafters where applicable.
Roof Framing Layout:
Typical Wall Section:
Stair and Guardrail Details:
- Detail of stair design, show tread width and depth, riser height, landing dimension and handrail detail.
- Show minimum headroom clearance.
- Detail of handrail and/or guardrail, showing height and baluster spacing.