This project consists of the demolition of the existing four-story Central Booking & Detention Facility, adjacent one-story buildings, site utilities and hardscape. Slated to begin as soon as Nov. 5, the project will first include removal of the material from inside the structures before the actual buildings will be demolished.
Scope of Work:
- The project includes the demolition of existing structures and site clearing, Mondays through Fridays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Complete removal and legal disposal of the structures, interior/exterior finishes, mechanical systems, electrical systems, and furnishings as to not damage any adjacent facilities.
- No stormwater pond or other construction will take place at this time.
- No explosives will be used during the demolition.
- Continuous monitoring of noise and air quality along with water spray to prevent airborne materials from leaving the work zone, will take place to mitigate project nusiances.
- A hazardous material survey was performed, and any regulated materials will be removed and disposed of per proper FDEP procedures and regulations.
- At the completion of demolition, the contractor shall grade and stabilize the site as shown on the contract documents.
The demolition project is expected to take approximately eight months. No building will be rebuilt in the location. Instead, a 3.5 acre stormwater drainage pond (see the Delano Stormwater Ponds Project page) will be constructed using a federal grant to reduce flooding in the area. While a depression will be in the ground until the drainage project construction begins, it is not the completed pond.
- First week of November 2018 - “Notice to Proceed” issued, which allows the demolition contractor to begin the project
- November 2018 - Plans for the new 3.5 acre Delano Project stormwater pond at 90 percent design (to be constructed on the site on a future date)
- May 2019 - Substantial completion of demolition
- June 2019 - Total completion of the demolition project
- Date TBA - Construction of the new stormwater pond on the site
*Dates are subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen delays.