Updated at 3 p.m. April 1:
For prior updates, visit myescambia.com/news#coronavirus. These updates will not be distributed when county administrative offices are closed on Friday, April 2 in observance of Good Friday.
- Ascension Sacred Heart-
As the State of Florida open eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccines, Ascension Medical Group Sacred Heart will meet the need with a series of vaccination clinics in Pensacola and Milton that will be open to anyone 18 and older.
Clinics will be held at Olive Baptist Church in Pensacola on:
- April 5 from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- April 8 from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- April 10 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 16 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 17 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 19 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Online appointments can be made at www.GetSacredHeartCare.com. The clinics will offer either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, which require two shots about 3-4 weeks apart.
- Baptist Health Care- Baptist Health Care has ample supplies of COVID-19 vaccine and is offering appointments the week of April 5 at Baptist Medical Park – Nine Mile located at 9400 University Parkway in Pensacola, Baptist Medical Park – Navarre located at 8888 Navarre Parkway in Navarre, and Andrews Institute located at 1040 Gulf Breeze Highway in Gulf Breeze. Vaccinations will be given by appointment only. No walk-ins will be available.
Beginning April 5, all Florida residents age 18 or older will be eligible to receive the vaccine.
How to Make a Vaccination Appointment
Appointments can be made one of three ways:
- Visit EasySchedule.com. Click “procedure appointment” and complete the registration.
- Email name and contact information to BHCVaccine@bhcpns.org.
- For those who do not have email/internet access, call 850.908.SHOT (7468), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Community Health Northwest Florida-
Community Health Northwest Florida is holding a COVID-19 vaccination clinic in Pensacola the week of April 5 at the Brownsville Community Center. Appointments are required for most clinics. Eligible persons who wish to participate in one of these events should call the Community Health COVID-19 Vaccine Call Center at 850-439-3358 to schedule an appointment.
All the details about our first CHNWF vaccination event to include the newly eligible (as of Monday April 5) 18 AND OLDER age group:
Saturday, April 10
Location: Brownsville Community Center
APPOINTMENTS REQUIRED - Call 850-439-3358
Vaccine: Johnson and Johnson "One Shot" Vaccine
These clinics are open to all Florida residents who qualify to receive the vaccine, including those covered under the Governor’s latest Executive Orders. Currently, the amended order expands the groups eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in Florida to include all people age 40 and older, people who are "medically vulnerable", and individuals who hold specific jobs that put them at high risk.
- Florida Department of Health, Escambia County- FDOH-Escambia will schedule appointments based on supply availability. For the most up-to-date information, follow them on Twitter at @HealthyEscambia and visit EscambiaHealth.com. Escambia County residents should use the statewide preregistration system to sign up for vaccination. Residents can call the toll-free line at 866-201-1025 or register online at myvaccine.fl.gov. The TTY number for the deaf and hard of hearing is 833-476-1461. Registrants will be notified when appointments are available in their area. The State has established a help line at 833-959-0217 for those who need to make changes to their original pre-registration.
- This pre-registration system will proactively contact vaccine-eligible individuals to schedule appointments when they are available at health department or emergency management vaccine sites. Appointments are opened based upon the vaccine supply received each week from the State of Florida. Please be aware that when Sharecare calls or texts you to schedule an appointment, they will NOT ask for financial information or social security information.
The Federal Retail Pharmacy Program
- Florida- Sign up for text message updates about the vaccine and distribution by texting "FLCOVID19" to 888777. After you submit the text message, it will ask you to supply your zip code for local-level updates. Information about the statewide vaccine distribution plan can be found at floridahealthcovid19.gov/covid-19-vaccines-in-florida/.
- CVS- CVS Health is partnering with several local state and federal programs to help administer the COVID-19 vaccine to eligible populations. Appointments will be available as they receive vaccines from these programs.
- Register in advance at CVS.com or through the CVS Pharmacy app. People without online access can contact CVS customer service at (800) 746-7287.
- Walk-in vaccinations without an appointment will not be provided.
- Publix - Publix is opening its online reservation system for COVID 19 vaccination appointments at all 730 of its in-store Florida pharmacies, including the addition of 136 stores in Broward and Miami Dade counties. Publix will continue to announce appointment dates. Monitor Publix's online portal here.
- Hospital Information totals
- Hospitalizations 26 (current hospitalizations as of 2:30 p.m. April 1, 2021)
- Bed Capacity 1,397 (county SITREP)
- Bed Occupancy 1,128 (county SITREP)
- Beds Available 413 (as of 2:30 p.m. April 1, 2021)
- Total Ventilators 215 (as of 2:30 p.m. April 1, 2021)
- Available Ventilators 142 (as of 2:30 p.m. April 1, 2021)
- Recovered 34,142* (Approximate: total cases prior to last month minus deaths)
- To view the county's Crude Case-Recovery Risk and a detailed explanation of the formula by which it is calculated, visit the Escambia County COVID-19 dashboard. The current Crude Case-Recovery Risk is 97.89% (as of 2:30 p.m. April 1, 2021)
- Testing sites
- Rapid testing information
- Appointments are available for Escambia County residents who are 3 months and older and are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Patients desiring COVID-19 testing through Ascension Sacred Heart's locations in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties should pre-register online by visiting: www.getsacredheartcare.com to be pre-screened and scheduled (if eligible) or call Community Health Northwest Florida at 850-390-4276. Rapid testing is offered for symptomatic individuals by appointment only.
- Escambia County dashboard
Escambia County Corrections
- Cumulatively, 1,316 Escambia County inmates have been tested:
- 247 positive (220 have been medically cleared, and 22 have been released from custody, leaving 5 active, positive cases at this time)
- 1069 negative
- 0 pending
- At the Walton County jail, 29 Escambia County inmates tested positive out of the 146 inmates housed there.
Florida Department of Health in Escambia County
- The Florida Department of Health in Escambia County (FDOH-Escambia) encourages eligible residents to preregister for the COVID-19 vaccine. Residents can call the toll-free line at, 866-201-1025 or preregister online at http://myvaccine.fl.gov.
- Pursuant to EO 21-47, the State Department has published a form for physicians to certify that they have determined an individual to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 and eligible to receive the vaccine. Click here to access the form.
- Escambia County residents should use the statewide preregistration system to sign up for vaccination. Residents can call the toll-free line at 866-201-1025 or preregister online at myvaccine.fl.gov. The TTY number for the deaf and hard of hearing is 833-476-1461. Registrants will be notified when appointments are available in their area.
The State has established a help line at 833-959-0217 for those who need to make changes to their original pre-registration. This pre-registration system will proactively contact vaccine-eligible individuals to schedule appointments when they are available at health department or emergency management vaccine sites.
Appointments are opened based upon the vaccine supply received each week from the State of Florida. Please be aware that when ShareCare calls you to schedule an appointment, they will NOT ask for financial information or social security information.
- If you have pre-registered, we ask for your patience. The demand is high, and the supply is currently limited. As we received vaccine, we work to schedule appointments as quickly as we can. We encourage residents to take advantage of opportunities offered through other partners to get vaccinated.
- State Surgeon General Scott Rivkees issued a Public Health Advisory on January 21 prioritizing vaccines for residents of the State of Florida or individuals in Florida for the purpose of providing health care services involving direct contact with patients.
- FDOH-Escambia highlights recent efforts in providing the COVID-19 vaccine in Escambia County.
- FDOH-Escambia announced this week’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan in Escambia County.
- Florida has launched a COVID-19 Vaccine Report that will be updated daily. As of April 1, 73,830 Escambia County residents have been vaccinated.
- The Florida Department of Health (the Department) issued a Public Health Advisory recommending the following: all individuals in Florida should wear face coverings in any setting where social distancing is not possible and all individuals should refrain from participation in social or recreational gatherings of more than 10 people.
- As of 2 p.m., April 1, Escambia County has had 34,879 positive COVID-19 cases. This number is expected to change daily due to the return of results from ongoing testing. The best source for up-to-date information regarding confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida is the Florida Department of Health website and the associated Data and Surveillance Dashboard and Daily Report. The site is currently updated once daily, at around 3 p.m. ET.
- The total number of COVID-19 related deaths in Escambia County residents is 664 individuals.
- The Department releases a list of long-term care facilities in Florida associated with COVID-19 cases with active cases and number of deaths in each facility in order to provide real-time data. The list of long-term care facilities with active COVID-19 cases is available here.
Florida Division of Emergency Management