Updated at 3:15 p.m. Jan. 25:
For prior updates, visit myescambia.com/news#coronavirus.
- Hospital Information totals
- Hospitalizations 222 (current hospitalizations as of 2:30 p.m. Jan. 24, 2021)
- Bed Capacity 1,397 (county SITREP)
- Bed Occupancy 1,128 (county SITREP)
- Beds Available 427 (as of 2:30 p.m. Jan. 25, 2021)
- Total Ventilators 215 (as of 2:30 p.m. Jan. 25, 2021)
- Available Ventilators 142 (as of 2:30 p.m. Jan. 25, 2021)
- Recovered 23,014* (Approximate: total cases prior to last month minus deaths)
- To view the county's Crude Case-Recovery Risk and a detailed explanation of the formula by which it is calculated, visit the Escambia County COVID-19 dashboard. The current Crude Case-Recovery Risk is 98.17% (as of 2:30 p.m. Jan. 25, 2021)
- As of Friday, Jan. 25, there have been 22,751 vaccinations distributed throughout the entire county (via the Florida Department of Health in Escambia County, hospitals, closed points of disbursements, independent living facilities, long-term care facilities and pilot programs). This number has been added to the Escambia County COVID-19 dashboard.
Escambia County Corrections
- Cumulatively, 1,004 Escambia County inmates have been tested:
- 230 positive (206 have been medically cleared, and 22 have been released from custody, leaving 2 active, positive cases at this time)
- 774 negative
- 0 pending
- At the Walton County jail, 29 Escambia County inmates tested positive out of the 146 inmates housed there.
Florida Department of Health in Escambia County
- Currently, FDOH-Escambia does not have a COVID-19 vaccination automated scheduling system or call center. Phone numbers published are unique to each county. When an automated scheduling system becomes available in Escambia County, more information will be published.
- FDOH-Escambia highlights recent efforts in providing the COVID-19 vaccine in Escambia County.
- FDOH-Escambia announced this week's COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan in Escambia County in partnership with Ascension Sacred Heart, Baptist Health Care, Community Health Northwest Florida, and West Florida Hospital.
- FDOH-Escambia announced the temporary closure of its COVID-19 vaccination online interest form. We continue to work through the list of individuals who previously completed the online form. As supply becomes available, FDOH-Escambia staff will schedule appointments. We encourage residents to take advantage of opportunities offered through other partners to get vaccinated.
- Florida has launched a COVID-19 Vaccine Report that will be updated daily. As of January 25, 22,751 Escambia County residents have been vaccinated.
- The Florida Department of Health (the Department) issued a Public Health Advisory recommending the following: all individuals in Florida should wear face coverings in any setting where social distancing is not possible and all individuals should refrain from participation in social or recreational gatherings of more than 10 people.
- As of 2 p.m., Jan. 25, Escambia County has had 29,363 positive COVID-19 cases. This number is expected to change daily due to the return of results from ongoing testing. The best source for up-to-date information regarding confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida is the Florida Department of Health website and the associated Data and Surveillance Dashboard and Daily Report. The site is currently updated once daily, at around 2 p.m. CT.
- The total number of COVID-19 related deaths in Escambia County residents is 488 individuals.
- The Department releases a list of long-term care facilities in Florida associated with COVID-19 cases with active cases and number of deaths in each facility in order to provide real-time data. The list of long-term care facilities with active COVID-19 cases is available here.
- The Florida Department of Health has launched Healthy Together, a mobile app that can help a person view their test results, assess their symptoms and learn what to do after they have been tested for COVID-19. The app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store by searching for “Healthy Together”. Individuals whose results are uploaded into Healthy Together with a phone number will automatically receive a text notifying them that their results are available in the app.
- The Florida Department of Health issued an update on the progress of the state's vaccination efforts, as well as its weekly COVID-19 update. The State of Florida is in its fifth week of vaccine distribution and is preparing to support additional vaccination sites statewide. Governor DeSantis also provided an update on Florida's COVID-19 vaccine distribution process. The state is continuing to take a proactive approach to increase vaccinations and prioritize vaccine access for Florida's seniors.
The Florida Health Department has a brand new COVID-19 vaccine locator site. The new site will allow Floridians to find vaccine sites by county or city and contains contact information for each location. See all locations here - http://ow.ly/k0FX50De10y
Florida Division of Emergency Management
- FDEM is seeking volunteers that can administer the vaccine such as doctors, nurses and physician assistants. Please register at www.merits.com/fdem-volunteers, choose the county and then signup.
Governor's Press Office