Updated at 3:25 p.m. Aug. 10:
Please reference the prior updates and Escambia County COVID-19 Update #11 for a prior comprehensive running list. View an updated list of how to access county services here. This update only includes new information we have received. Weekend updates will be distributed only when there is new information.
Ascension Sacred Heart
- Ascension Sacred Heart is expanding eligibility for COVID-19 testing at its drive-thru sites in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties to include all persons who want a nasal swab test, regardless of whether they have symptoms. Previously, the mobile clinics operated by Ascension Medical Group Sacred Heart limited testing only to people who reported having symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough and shortness of breath.
- The expanded scope of testing will apply to the drive-thru sites at:
- Milton Community Center, 5629 Byrom St., which is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Community Life Church at Tiger Point, 4115 Soundside Drive in Gulf Breeze, which is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Ascension Medical Group site off Bayou Boulevard, Pensacola, which is open Monday through Friday. That drive-thru operation began March 16 and has tested more than 24,000 people.
- Each of the three sites in Pensacola and Santa Rosa can provide up to 300 nasal swab tests per day with lab results back within 48 hours.
- Hospital Information totals
- Hospitalizations 196 (current hospitalizations as of 3:15 p.m. Aug. 10, 2020)
- Bed Capacity 1408 (as of 9 a.m. Aug. 10, 2020 (county SITREP)
- Bed Occupancy 1004 (as of 9 a.m. Aug. 10, 2020 (county SITREP)
- Beds Available 468 (as of 3:15 p.m. Aug. 10, 2020)
- Total Ventilators 222 (as of 3:15 p.m. Aug. 10, 2020)
- Available Ventilators 145 (as of 3:15 p.m. Aug. 10, 2020)
- Testing Site Information
- It has been requested to provide our daily COVID employee data. This spreadsheet shows what is currently happening and is not historical data.
- View Escambia County COVID-19 dashboard.
Escambia County Corrections
Escambia County School District
View the Escambia County School District's official Reopening page, which includes an FAQ section that is updated often.
Feeding the Gulf Coast
View an updated list of partner agencies, mobile pantries, and Feeding the Gulf Coast sponsored Summer Meals sites.
Florida Department of Health in Escambia County
- FDOH-Escambia’s walk-in testing site is free to all Florida residents with or without symptoms. Pre-screening is not required. Open August 3-7 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. CT at 1300 W. Gregory St., Pensacola. Dates are subject to change due to inclement weather or shortage of supplies. For more information, please visit the dedicated COVID-19 webpage.
- The Florida Department of Health (the Department) issued a Public Health Advisory recommending the following: all individuals in Florida should wear face coverings in any setting where social distancing is not possible and all individuals should refrain from participation in social or recreational gatherings of more than 10 people.
- As of 2 p.m., August 10, Escambia County has had 9,632 positive COVID-19 cases. This number is expected to change daily due to the return of results from ongoing testing. The best source for up-to-date information regarding confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida is the Florida Department of Health website and the associated Data and Surveillance Dashboard and Daily Report. The site is currently updated once daily, at around 3 p.m. ET.
- To view the Florida Department of Corrections (FDC) COVID-19 Statistics, visit their COVID-19 Information webpage that is updated daily. FDOH-Escambia is working with FDC to investigate the response to COVID-19 in the Century Correctional Institution and provide advice toward their effort mitigate the spread of coronavirus.
- The total number of COVID-19 related deaths in Escambia County residents is 120 individuals.
- The Department releases a list of long-term care facilities in Florida associated with COVID-19 cases with active cases and number of deaths in each facility in order to provide real-time data. The list of long-term care facilities with active COVID-19 cases is available here.
- The Department is providing a report detailing surveillance data for every Florida county. Previously, this information was only available for select communities. The surveillance data report is available here.
- To view demographics of cases in Escambia County, visit the COVID-19 dashboard and select Escambia County. The following case data will appear: age, gender, race, and ethnicity.
- Need extra support dealing with stress and coping during this time? Find a list of available resources at Escambiahealth.com.
- Printable resources for restaurants and businesses can be found on the resources page of the FDOH COVID-19 website.