Updated at 3 p.m. Aug. 3:
Please reference the prior updates and Escambia County COVID-19 Update #11 for a prior comprehensive running list. View an updated list of how to access county services here. This update only includes new information we have received. Weekend updates will be distributed only when there is new information.
- Hospital Information totals
- Hospitalizations 215 (current hospitalizations as of 9:03 a.m. on Aug. 3, 2020)
- Bed Capacity 1408 (as of 9:03 a.m. Aug. 3, 2020 (county SITREP)
- Bed Occupancy 1007 (as of 9:03 a.m. Aug. 3, 2020 (county SITREP)
- Beds Available 471 (as of 9:03 a.m. on Aug. 3, 2020)
- Total Ventilators 221 (as of 9:03 a.m. Aug. 3, 2020)
- Available Ventilators 139 (as of 9:03 a.m. Aug. 3, 2020)
- Testing Site Information
- UWF testing site is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (weather permitting). Self-swabbing is available by appointment. Ages 5-17 require an appointment. Appointments can be made by the following methods: “doineedacovid19test.com” or by calling, 1-800-635-8611. FL ID required for adults.
- It has been requested to provide our daily COVID employee data. This spreadsheet shows what is currently happening and is not historical data.
- View Escambia County COVID-19 dashboard.
- Join District 1 Commissioner Jeff Bergosh at his virtual 51st Coffee with the Commissioner event Wednesday, August 5. The live stream will take place from 6:30 - 7:30 a.m. Guests will include Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan, Escambia County Administrator Janice Gilley and Emergency Manger Eric Gilmore. The discussion will focus on the effect the COVID-19 pandemic is having on the local law enforcement community. Read more here.
Escambia County Corrections
- Cumulatively, 210 Escambia County inmates have been tested:
- 149 positive (120 have been medically cleared due to the amount of time and five have been released from custody, leaving 24 active positive cases with no medical concerns at this time)
- 61 negative
- 0 pending
- At the Walton County jail, 29 Escambia County inmates tested positive out of the 146 inmates housed there.
Feeding the Gulf Coast
- Resource Information:
- Website: https://www.feedingthegulfcoast.org/learn-more/covid-19-response
- "Find Help" to locate a pantry by address, zip code, or city
- "Find Help" to locate a FTGC sponsored Emergency Summer Meals site, children 18 and under
- Phone: (888) 704-FOOD(3663) or 2-1-1
- Text: "FLKIDSMEALS" to 211-211 or "FOOD" to 877-877 to find Emergency Summer Meals sites, children 18 and under
Florida Department of Health in Escambia County
- FDOH-Escambia’s walk-in testing site is free to all Florida residents with or without symptoms. Pre-screening is not required. Open August 3-7 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. CT at 1300 West Gregory St., Pensacola, FL 32502. Dates are subject to change due to inclement weather or shortage of supplies. For more information, please visit the dedicated COVID-19 webpage.
- The Florida Department of Health (the Department) issued a Public Health Advisory recommending the following: all individuals in Florida should wear face coverings in any setting where social distancing is not possible and all individuals should refrain from participation in social or recreational gatherings of more than 10 people.
- As of 2 p.m., August 3, Escambia County has had 8,125 positive COVID-19 cases. This number is expected to change daily due to the return of results from ongoing testing. The best source for up-to-date information regarding confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida is the Florida Department of Health website and the associated Data and Surveillance Dashboard and Daily Report. The site is currently updated once daily, at around 3 p.m. ET.
- The total number of COVID-19 related deaths in Escambia County residents is 97 individuals.
- The Department releases a list of long-term care facilities in Florida associated with COVID-19 cases with active cases and number of deaths in each facility in order to provide real-time data. The list of long-term care facilities with active COVID-19 cases is available here.
- The Department is providing a report detailing surveillance data for every Florida county. Previously, this information was only available for select communities. The surveillance data report is available here.
- To view demographics of cases in Escambia County, visit the COVID-19 dashboard and select Escambia County. The following case data will appear: age, gender, race, and ethnicity.
- Need extra support dealing with stress and coping during this time? Find a list of available resources at Escambiahealth.com.
- Printable resources for restaurants and businesses can be found on the resources page of the FDOH COVID-19 website.
University of West Florida
- The University of West Florida continues monitoring COVID-19 with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the Florida Board of Governors. There is an update for workplace processes, procedures and guidelines. For updated procedures visit their website.
- In-person University events and meetings, on and off-campus, are not permitted at this time. This follows the current phase as part of the University's Returning to UWF plan.