Updated at 3:15 p.m. July 30:
Please reference the prior updates and Escambia County COVID-19 Update #11 for a prior comprehensive running list. View an updated list of how to access county services here. This update only includes new information we have received. Weekend updates will be distributed only when there is new information.
- Hospital Information totals
- Hospitalizations 237 (current hospitalizations as of 9:11 a.m. on July 30, 2020)
- Bed Capacity 1385 (as of 8:51 a.m. July 30, 2020 (county SITREP)
- Bed Occupancy 1097 (as of 8:51 a.m. July 30, 2020 (county SITREP)
- Beds Available 333 (as of 8:51 a.m. on July 30, 2020)
- Total Ventilators 221 (as of 8:51 a.m. July 30, 2020)
- Available Ventilators 143 (as of 8:51 a.m. July 30, 2020)
- Testing Site Information
- The Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) announced that all state-supported drive-thru and walk-up COVID-19 testing sites will temporarily close at 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 30, in anticipation of impacts from Potential Tropical Cyclone Nine. The sites will remain closed until they are safe to reopen, with all sites anticipated to be reopened at the latest by 8 a.m., Wednesday, August 5. Read more here. In Escambia County, this affects the Publix and UWF test sites.
- It has been requested to provide our daily COVID employee data. This spreadsheet shows what is currently happening and is not historical data.
- View Escambia County COVID-19 dashboard.
Escambia County Corrections
- Cumulatively, 206 Escambia County inmates have been tested:
- 147 positive (119 have been medically cleared due to the amount of time and five have been released from custody, leaving 23 active positive cases with no medical concerns at this time)
- 58 negative
- 1 pending
- At the Walton County jail, 29 Escambia County inmates tested positive out of the 146 inmates housed there.
Escambia County School District
- On July 28, 2020, the Escambia County (FLA) School District’s School Board voted during a Special Meeting to approve an amended school calendar for 2020-2021. The amendments to the school calendar include the delayed opening date of August 24, 2020 for all ECSD students. View the reopening school calendar here.
Florida Department of Health in Escambia County
- FDOH-Escambia’s walk-in testing site is free to all Florida residents with or without symptoms. Pre-screening is not required. Open July 27-31 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. CT at 1300 West Gregory St., Pensacola, FL 32502. Dates are subject to change due to inclement weather or shortage of supplies. For more information, please visit the dedicated COVID-19 webpage.
- The Florida Department of Health (the Department) issued a Public Health Advisory recommending the following: all individuals in Florida should wear face coverings in any setting where social distancing is not possible and all individuals should refrain from participation in social or recreational gatherings of more than 10 people.
- As of 2 p.m., July 30, Escambia County has had 7,598 positive COVID-19 cases. This number is expected to change daily due to the return of results from ongoing testing. The best source for up-to-date information regarding confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida is the Florida Department of Health website and the associated Data and Surveillance Dashboard and Daily Report. The site is currently updated once daily, at around 3 p.m. ET.
- The total number of COVID-19 related deaths in Escambia County residents is 92 individuals.
- The Department releases a list of long-term care facilities in Florida associated with COVID-19 cases with active cases and number of deaths in each facility in order to provide real-time data. The list of long-term care facilities with active COVID-19 cases is available here.
- The Department is providing a report detailing surveillance data for every Florida county. Previously, this information was only available for select communities. The surveillance data report is available here.
- To view demographics of cases in Escambia County, visit the COVID-19 dashboard and select Escambia County. The following case data will appear: age, gender, race, and ethnicity.
- Need extra support dealing with stress and coping during this time? Find a list of available resources at Escambiahealth.com.
- Printable resources for restaurants and businesses can be found on the resources page of the FDOH COVID-19 website.
Governor's Press Office
Gulf Islands National Seashore
- Gulf Islands National Seashore is continuing to increase recreational access to areas of the park. Limited operation of the Fort Pickens Campground is set to begin on Monday, Aug. 10. Read the press release here.