Updated at 3:15 p.m. July 13:
Please reference the prior updates and Escambia County COVID-19 Update #11 for a prior comprehensive running list. View an updated list of how to access county services here. This update only includes new information we have received. Weekend updates will be distributed only when there is new information.
- Hospital Information totals
- Hospitalizations 180 (current hospitalizations as of 3 p.m. on July 13, 2020)
- Bed Capacity 1404 (as of 10:03 a.m. July 13, 2020 (county SITREP)
- Bed Occupancy 1053 (as of 10:03 a.m. July 13, 2020 (county SITREP)
- Beds Available 320 (as of 3 p.m. on July 13, 2020)
- Total Ventilators 213 (as of 10:03 a.m. July 13, 2020 (county SITREP)
- Available Ventilators 141 (as of 10:03 a.m. July 13, 2020 (county SITREP)
- Testing Site Information
- It has been requested to provide our daily COVID employee data. This spreadsheet shows what is currently happening and is not historical data.
- Escambia County COVID-19 dashboard.
District 1 Commissioner Jeff Bergosh's virtual Coffee with the Commissioner event, scheduled on July 15, has been cancelled and will resume on July 22, due to preparation for the Budget meeting.
City of Pensacola
- On Friday, July 10, the City of Pensacola closed all community resource centers and programs to the public until further notice, due to an increase in COVID-19 cases in Escambia County and city staff. Read more here.
Community Health Northwest Florida
- Drive-through testing on Friday, July 17 from 9 a.m. to noon at Truth for Youth, 401 N. Reus Street, Pensacola. No pre-screening required, open to the public, residents of all ages. Bring photo ID and insurance card (if insured). Testing until supplies last, weather permitting. Please wear a face covering if you have one. Remain in your vehicle and await instructions.
Escambia County Corrections
- Total of 163 Escambia County inmates tested:
- 119 positive
- 43 negative
- 1 pending
- At the Walton County jail, 30 Escambia County inmates tested positive out of the 156 inmates of ours housed there.
Feeding the Gulf Coast
- NEW: Camp Fire Century Youth Learning Center, 6031 Industrial Blvd, Century, FL 32535; Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to noon and 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Two of West Florida Public Libraries' branches will now provide free meals for youth on Saturday instead of providing meals on Monday.
- Century Branch Library: Tuesday - Saturday from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Genealogy Branch Library: Tuesday - Saturday from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- All other library branches will remain on the same schedule as before: Pensacola Library, Tryon Branch Library, Molino Branch Library, Westside Branch Library and Southwest Branch Library will provide free meals for youth on Monday - Friday from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Website: https://www.feedingthegulfcoast.org/learn-more/covid-19-response
- "Find Help" to locate a pantry by address, zip code, or city
- "Find Help" to locate a FTGC sponsored Emergency Summer Meals site, children 18 and under
- Phone: (888) 704-FOOD(3663) or 2-1-1
- Text: "FLKIDSMEALS" to 211-211 or "FOOD" to 877-877 to find Emergency Summer Meals sites, children 18 and under
Florida Department of Health in Escambia County
- FDOH-Escambia’s walk-in testing site is free to all Florida residents with or without symptoms. Pre-screening is not required. Open July 13-17 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. CT at 1300 West Gregory St., Pensacola, FL 32502. Dates are subject to change due to inclement weather or shortage of supplies. For more information, please visit the dedicated COVID-19 webpage.
- The Florida Department of Health (the Department) issued a Public Health Advisory recommending the following: all individuals in Florida should wear face coverings in any setting where social distancing is not possible, all individuals over the age of 65 and all individuals of any age with high-risk health conditions should limit personal interactions out of the home, and all individuals should refrain from participation in social or recreational gatherings of more than 50 people.
- As of 2 p.m., July 13, Escambia County has had 4,335 positive COVID-19 cases. This number is expected to change daily due to the return of results from ongoing testing. The best source for up-to-date information regarding confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida is the Florida Department of Health website and the associated Data and Surveillance Dashboard and Daily Report. The site is currently updated once daily, at around 3 p.m. ET.
- The total number of COVID-19 related deaths in Escambia County residents is 54 individuals.
- The Department releases a list of long-term care facilities in Florida associated with COVID-19 cases with active cases and number of deaths in each facility in order to provide real-time data. The list of long-term care facilities with active COVID-19 cases is available here.
- The Department is providing a report detailing surveillance data for every Florida county. Previously, this information was only available for select communities. The surveillance data report is available here.
- To view demographics of cases in Escambia County, visit the COVID-19 dashboard and select Escambia County. The following case data will appear: age, gender, race, and ethnicity.
- Need extra support dealing with stress and coping during this time? Find a list of available resources at Escambiahealth.com.
- Printable resources for restaurants and businesses can be found on the resources page of the FDOH COVID-19 website.
West Florida Public Libraries