Updated at 3:15 p.m. May 27:
Please reference the prior updates and Escambia County COVID-19 Update #11 for a prior comprehensive running list. View an updated list of how to access county services here. This update only includes new information we have received. Weekend updates will be distributed only when there is new information.
- Hospital Information totals as of 8:30 a.m. May 27, 2020 (county SITREP)
- Hospitalizations 64 (running total; this is not a total of current hospitalizations)
- Bed Capacity 1,315
- Bed Occupancy 966
- Beds Available 349
- Total Ventilators 207
- Available Ventilators 163
- Did you miss the virtual 42nd Coffee with Commissioner Jeff Bergosh? Watch District 1 Commissioner Jeff Bergosh host his virtual 42nd Coffee with Commissioner from 6:30 - 7:30 a.m. this morning and guests included State Representative, Alex Andrade and Escambia County Administrator, Janice Gilley. The discussion focused on Florida’s recovery during the pandemic crisis. Watch it here.
CareerSource Escarosa, in alignment with Governor DeSantis’ plan for reopening the economy, will reopen its Career Center doors on Monday, June 1. Professional staff will be available to serve customers in the centers, some by walk-in on a first come-first serve basis, and others by appointment. Read more about CareerSource EscaRosa’s reopening plans and procedures here.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
- The State of Florida issues COVID-19 updates. You can view the updates here.
Florida Department of Health in Escambia County
- FDOH-Escambia’s drive-thru testing site is free to all Florida residents. Individuals are asked to remain in their vehicles, and pre-screening is not required. Open May 27-29 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 1300 West Gregory St., Pensacola, FL 32502. (Replaces site at Pensacola State College Warrington Campus). For more information, please visit the dedicated COVID-19 webpage.
- As of 2 p.m., May 27, Escambia County has had 776 positive COVID-19 cases. This number is expected to change daily due to the return of results from ongoing testing. The best source for up-to-date information regarding confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida is the Florida Department of Health website and the associated Data and Surveillance Dashboard and Daily Report. The site is currently updated once daily, at around 3 p.m. ET.
- The total number of COVID-19 related deaths in Escambia County residents is 29 individuals.
- The Florida Department of Health (the Department) releases a list of long-term care facilities in Florida associated with COVID-19 cases with active cases and number of deaths in each facility in order to provide real-time data. The list of long-term care facilities with active COVID-19 cases is available here.
- The Department is providing a report detailing surveillance data for every Florida county. Previously, this information was only available for select communities. The surveillance data report is available here.
- To view demographics of cases in Escambia County, visit the COVID-19 dashboard and select Escambia County. The following case data will appear: age, gender, race, and ethnicity.
- Use the COVID 19 testing self-checker to determine if you need to call your healthcare provider to be tested.
- Need extra support dealing with stress and coping during this time? Find a list of available resources at Escambiahealth.com.
- Printable resources for restaurants and businesses can be found on the resources page of the FDOH COVID-19 website.