Updated at 2 p.m. March 23:
Please reference Escambia County COVID0-19 Update #13, Escambia County COVID-19 Update 12 and Escambia County COVID-19 Update #11 for the prior running list. This update only includes new information we have received. Weekend updates will be distributed only when there is new information.
Emerald Coast Utilities Authority
- The walk-in area of ECUA’s Customer Service Center located at Ellyson Industrial Park will close for all client walk-in assistance and in-person appointments effective Monday, March 23, until further notice. Customers may reach our Customer Service Center by calling 850-476-0480 or by emailing us at email@example.com. We encourage our customers to take advantage of a variety of convenient bill payment options that do not require face-to-face exposure or can be done from home. For complete information on bill payment options, please visit https://ecua.fl.gov/my-bill.
Escambia County Area Transit
Hours and Service Modifications:
- Effective Monday, March 23 and continuing through April 14, Escambia County Area Transit weekday bus routes will run on a modified schedule. This modified weekday schedule will run every two hours and with the final route trips departing ECAT and Downtown at 6 p.m. The same modified schedule will run on Saturdays and with no service on Sundays. UWF Express Trolley will also run service Monday - Saturday.
- ECAT will temporarily suspend the following routes until further notice: Route 41, 59A, 59X, 61, and 64 Beach Jumper.
Capacity Limit 10 Passengers:
- Buses will be limited to transporting 10 people and encourage staggered seating. Additional vehicles will be dispatched to ensure all passengers are picked up and complying with the social distancing policy and 10- person limit.
- ECAT administrative offices and lobby will be closed to the public beginning Monday, March 23. ECAT Passenger Facility will remain open for customer service ticket purchase and public restrooms usage only but will enforce the 6-feet social distancing policy. Bus tickets are also available for purchase online at www.GoECAT.com.
Florida Department of Health in Escambia County
- Escambia County Community Transportation will temporarily suspend all paratransit services after 7 p.m. for weekday and Saturday services. All medical necessary trips will be honored. Sunday service is temporarily suspended. All expired paratransit eligibility will be extended for 90 days. In-person paratransit eligibility interviews will be rescheduled or completed over the phone.
- Please call ECAT Customer Service at 850-595-3228 if you need assistance with a specific route or have additional questions. Updated information will also available on www.myescambia.com.
Santa Rosa Island Authority
- Escambia County has 5 positive COVID-19 cases. This number is expected to change daily due to the return of results from ongoing testing. For the most up-to-date information regarding confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida, visit the COVID-19 dashboard. The site is currently updated twice daily.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has launched a COVID-19 Self-Checker tool to help you make decisions about seeking appropriate medical care. This system is not intended for the diagnosis or treatment of disease or other conditions, including COVID-19. This system is intended only for people who are currently located in the United States.
- SRIA’s March 25 committee and special board meeting will be conducted via teleconference. The instructions for the public to join in and participate will be posted on www.sria-fla.com.