Escambia County is offering two free after school programs for youth starting this fall at the Brownsville Community Resource Center and the Ebonwood Community Center, providing a stimulating environment for students five days a week.
Play, Learn, Grow - Brownsville Community Resource Center
The Play, Learn, Grow after school program is open to students in grades K-12, with educational and recreational activities throughout the school year. The program will begin Tuesday, Sept. 5 and run through Friday, May 18, 2018.
- Homework assistance
- Subject remediation
- Project-based learning activities
- When: Mondays-Fridays, 3-5 p.m., Sept. 5, 2017 through May 18, 2018
- Where: Brownsville Community Resource Center, 3200 W. De Soto St., Pensacola
- Cost: FREE
- Registration: Mondays-Fridays, 3-5 p.m. starting Tuesday, Sept. 5 at the Brownsville Community Resource Center
For more information, contact Community Center Coordinator Shurlitha Jones at 850-426-1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Youth Connection - Ebonwood Community Center
The Youth Connection provides youth ages 6-18 the opportunity to participate in educational, cultural, sports, and community enrichment programs; to build confidence and self-esteem; to encourage our youth to say "NO" to gangs, drugs, and violence; and "YES" to hope, learning and life. The program begins Tuesday, Sept. 5 and runs through Friday, May 18, 2018.
- Academic enrichment
- Arts and crafts
- Educational programs
- Drama and cultural activities
- Special events
- Team-building activities
- Leadership skills building
- Homework help and tutoring
- Sports, fitness & games
- Nutritional programs
- Guest speakers
- Supervised computer use
- Job-readiness training
- And more!
- When: Mondays-Fridays, 2:30-5 p.m., Sept. 5, 2017 - May 18, 2018
- Where: Ebonwood Community Center, 3511 W. Scott St., Pensacola
- Cost: FREE
- Registration: Mondays - Fridays, 3-5 p.m. beginning Monday, Aug. 14 at the Ebonwood Community Center
For more information, contact Community Center Coordinator Leroy Williams at 850-426-1156 or email@example.com.