Both the renter and the landlord must submit an application through this website. Payment will be made directly to the landlord on behalf of the renter.
Renters can apply for up to 12 months of overdue or late rent and utility bills for homes in Escambia County. An additional three months can be included if the local government determines that the household needs additional assistance to avoid eviction or secure housing stability. Rent and utility bills must have occurred after March 13, 2020.
Utilities paid by the landlord and in the landlord’s name are only covered expenses in this program if they are bundled as part of rent payment. Reasonable late fees for rental units may be paid as specified in written lease agreements. The county will not pay landlords/property managers for any eviction related fees or costs.
Failure to pay rent, or the incurrence of late fees must be directly or indirectly due to the COVID‐19 pandemic.
Detailed instructions for landlords
Landlords will need to submit an application for rental assistance through our homepage. If tenants apply for rental assistance, landlords will be contacted with a request to complete the application.
Landlords will also be asked to demonstrate ownership of the properties.
Participating landlords will be required to provide the following information:
- Valid and complete W‐9
- ACH direct deposit payment information (optional)
- Current tenant rent roll, ledger, and/or other financial records indicating rent amounts and/or late fees
- Completed Landlord/Property Manager Statement
- Property Management Agreement (if applicable)
Detailed eligibility and verification requirements for property owners:
- To demonstrate ownership of the property,
- Vendor must have and provide their current tenant rent roll, ledger, and/or other financial records indicating rent amounts and/or late fees.
- Vendor must have and provide a Landlord/Property Manager Statement.
- Vendor must have and provide a Property Management Agreement (if applicable).
Payments will be made only to the entity provided on the W9 form. Your tenant must agree to participate and provide required eligibility documentation in order for payment to be processed.