The application period for the summer 2022 Youth Employment Program is closed.
We will start taking applications for the Youth Employment Program on March 28, 2022
Escambia County is seeking youth ages 16-24 who are interested in an opportunity to get paid work experience this summer through the Escambia County Youth Employment Program. The deadline for applications is Thursday, April 14, 2022 by 3 p.m.
Qualified youth who are accepted into ECYEP will be able to work up to 30 hours a week with positions available in various county departments along with the Escambia County School District, Property Appraiser, Tax Collector's Office and Supervisor of Elections Office. Participants will also receive job readiness training prior to job placement as well as post-employment briefings.
Last summer, approximately 100 youth participated in the program, working in county departments including Public Works, Public Safety, Escambia County Area Transit, West Florida Public Libraries and more. Read more about their experience here.
Limited positions are available. Requirements for the program are as follows:
- Must submit complete application packet by prescribed deadline.
- Must be a resident of Escambia County, FL at the time of application and for the duration of program participation.
- Must complete up-front job readiness preparatory training classes.
- Must complete post-employment debriefing sessions.
- Must not have any felony convictions.
- If enrolled in school, must submit enrollment verification.
- Must be between the age of 16 years old and 24 years old at the time of enrollment.
- Must show proof of identify (State issued Driver's License or State ID Card).
- Must show proof of address.
- Must meet hiring criteria of the temporary employment agency.
- Must submit completed application with all supporting required documentation to be considered
- Must attend the end of the Summer Youth Program Award Ceremony.
A printed version of the application can also be picked up during normal business hours at Escambia County Neighborhood and Human Services Department, 221 Palafox Place or Brownsville Community Center, 3200 West Desoto Street. Incomplete application packets will not be accepted.
For additional information, please call 850-595-3596, Clara Long, Director of Neighborhood & Human Services Department.