- The Escambia County Work Release Program affords inmates the opportunity to maintain employment while serving their jail sentence.
- Inmates are released to go to their approved employment site and must return to the Work Release Program facility according to schedule.
- Work Release Program officers, correctional officers and staff ensure that the inmates are in compliance with all Work Release Program rules and regulations.
- Failure to return to the Work Release Program facility as scheduled will result in a felony escape charge.
- Initial payment for room and board: $140
- Daily payment for room and board: $20
Money orders, Visa or MasterCard credit cards are accepted for all fees from 8:00 am through 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- The inmate is referred to the program via order of the court. The inmate must provide documentation of employment. The employment documentation is verified via the Work Release Program probation officer and staff.
- Work Release Program inmates must abide by all of the rules and regulations governing inmate behavior. Violations of the rules and regulations will result in disciplinary action or removal from the facility.
- If removed from the facility, the inmate will be returned to the Escambia County Jail.
- Inmates are thoroughly searched upon entering the facility. The Work Release facility is considered a county detention facility. It is a third degree felony to introduce and/or possess contraband in a county detention facility.