Pensacola Beach Access Road and Fishing Pier
This project will incorporate roadway improvements along the access road running along the east side of Via De Luna from the park to the fishing pier beside Bob Sikes Bridge.
- Access Road Design: On Hold: Resolution of right-of-way issues being finalized, Design to proceed upon completion
- Revised plans expected upon resolution of right-of-way issues
- Redesign expected following resolution of right-of-way issues
- Leaseholder right of way issues under final review for approval
- Fishing pier 100% design
- Awaiting rehab inspection of existing pier
- Rehab to begin upon funding availability
- Alternate funding sources are being considered for rehabilitation/replacement
- Construction dates:TBD
Quietwater Ferry Landing
- Land side construction underway: Complete
- Water side construction underway: Complete
- Phase II & Phase III Contract Awarded: Mott-MacDonald
- Design underway: Addressing permitting, design and funding issues
Click here to view the NPS Pensacola Bay Ferry Passenger Service Project page.
Sheriff's Sub-Station Parking Lot
- Construction: 100% complete
Casino Beach Parking Lot Ingress/Egress
Access management and traffic flow improvements were made at the Casino Beach parking lot.
Corto Largo Rio Vista Intersection Improvements
Stormwater conveyance improvements were made to help prevent the intrusion of the tide water under normal conditions.
Via de Luna Pipe Rehabilitation
CR 399 Traffic Calming Landscaping
Failing pipes under Via De Luna were removed and replaced. The failing pipes were creating depressed areas along the roadway.
- Maintenance Agreement with HOA Negotiations Underway
- Solicitation & Construction Pending Executed Maintenance Agreement
A design was developed to alleviate the intrusion of tidal water into the roadway.
Old Visitors' Information Center Parking Lot