NPS Pensacola Bay Ferry Passenger Service
This project includes water-side and land-side improvements in preparation of the National Park Service Pensacola Bay Ferry Passenger Service that began spring 2018.
Three landing sites have been selected for the ferry service, including Plaza de Luna at Palafox Pier, Quietwater Beach at Pensacola Beach and Fort Pickens. Several improvements are planned for the Quietwater beach site including, but not limited to an extension and widening of the existing dock, shade structures, ticket sales, etc.
- County received FHWA grant for Phase I improvements
- Phase I (water-side) Improvements: Complete
- Phase I (land-side) Improvements: Complete
- Negotiations Complete
- BCC Awarded Contract: Mott-MacDonald
- PO Issued: Design of Phase II Underway
- Permitting Resolutions Underway
- Design and Permitting: Funding issues are being addressed; permit & design are moving forward
- Construction: To Be Determined
Last Updated: 06/22/2020
Safe Neighborhood District:
Engineering - Construction Management