Florida Panhandle residents who have uninsured losses resulting from Hurricane Sally have until Dec. 1, 2020
to register with FEMA for disaster assistance. One month after residents in five counties became eligible for federal disaster assistance, more than $94 million has been approved in federal grants, loans and flood insurance payments.
As of Oct. 29, 2020
- FEMA has approved $19.2 million to 4,554 individuals and households.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has approved $25.9 million in disaster loans for 653 homeowners, renters and businesses.
- The National Flood Insurance Program has received 4,383 claims and paid $49.7 million.
Survivors in Bay, Escambia, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa and Walton counties can register with FEMA in several ways:
- By visiting DisasterAssistance.gov
- Downloading the FEMA App for smartphones
- Calling 800-621-3362 (800-462-7585 TTY). Multilingual operators are available. Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, InnoCaption or CapTel should provide FEMA with their specific phone number assigned to that service.
FEMA is operating Mobile Registration Intake Centers in several locations to assist survivors with registration and provide information about disaster assistance.
Dec. 1, 2020 also is the deadline to apply to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) for low-interest disaster loans for physical property damage. The deadline for working capital applications is July 2, 2021.
Applicants may apply online using SBA’s secure website at https://DisasterLoanAssistance.sba.gov/ or they may email FOCE-Help@SBA.gov for more information on SBA’s disaster assistance program.
SBA is operating two Business Recovery Centers where business owners can meet with SBA representatives and get help applying for SBA’s low-interest disaster loans.
- East Pensacola Heights Clubhouse, 3208 E. Gonzalez St., Pensacola, FL 32503; closes 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 30, 2020; reopens Thursday, Nov. 5, 2020 at 8 a.m. Regular operating hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week.
- Bridgeway Center, Building C, 205 Shell Ave., Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548; hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week.
For additional information about SBA disaster loans, the loan application process, or for help completing the SBA application, visit SBA’s secure website at https://DisasterLoanAssistance.sba.gov/. Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on SBA disaster assistance. Individuals who are deaf or hard‑of‑hearing may call 800-877-8339.
For more information about Hurricane Sally recovery in Florida, visit the FEMA disaster webpage at https://www.fema.gov/disaster/4564 or the Florida Division of Emergency Management webpage at https://www.floridadisaster.org/info/.