Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Sally, Escambia County residents have received approximately $25.8 million in total federal funds.
National Flood Insurance Program:
- 2,308 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $14.3 million has been paid in claims.
U.S. Small Business Administration:
- Nearly $1.5 million has been approved in low-interest disaster loans for 38 homeowners and renters.
- Escambia County was approved for assistance to local governments and private nonprofits for debris removal, emergency protective measures and the repair or replacement of disaster-damaged public facilities on Sept. 23.
- 10 requests for Public Assistance have been received, five have been approved.
Mobile Registration Intake Centers:
- A Mobile Registration Intake Center (MRIC) is staffed with FEMA personnel who can assist Hurricane Sally survivors with registration and answer questions about disaster-assistance programs. Centers in Escambia County are open daily 9 a.m.-6 p.m. at the following locations:
Southwest Branch Library, 12248 Gulf Beach Hwy, Pensacola, FL 32507
Brownsville Community Center, 3200 W. DeSoto St., Pensacola, FL 32505
Escambia County Extension Service, 3740 Stefani Rd., Cantonment, FL 32533