The Escambia County Board of Commissioners will reschedule the 8:30 a.m. Public Forum and the 9 a.m. BCC Regular Meeting originally scheduled for Sept. 17 to Thursday, Sept. 24 due to Hurricane Sally. All meetings will take place in the board chambers of the Ernie Lee Magaha Government Building, found on the first floor of 221 Palafox Place. Details of the agenda, included COW-related topics will be provided online when available.
The public is strongly encouraged to practice physical distancing during the meetings. This meeting will be streamed live and archived online for virtual viewing.
Speakers who wish to provide public comment will be asked to sign up at the registration table in the atrium. Limited seating will be available in the chamber due to physical distancing guidelines, and participants are encouraged to watch online.
The Florida Department of Health Public Health Advisory recommends all individuals in Florida should wear masks in any setting where physical distancing is not possible, unless any of the following apply:
- A child is under two years of age;
- An individual has one or more medical conditions or disabilities that prevent wearing a face covering;
- An individual is obtaining a service involving the nose or face for which temporary removal of the face covering is necessary to perform the service;
- An individual works in a profession where use of a face covering will not be compatible with the duties of the profession; or
- An individual is engaged in outdoor work or recreation with appropriate social distancing in place.
- All individuals over the age of 65 and all individuals of any age with high-risk health conditions should limit personal interactions outside of the home and take all measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- All individuals should refrain from participation in social or recreational gatherings of more than 50 people. For all gatherings of fewer than 50 people, individuals should practice social distancing by maintaining a distance of at least six feet from each other and wearing a face covering.
All commission meetings can be viewed live on myescambia.com/ectv, channel 4/1004 on Cox, channel 98 for Spectrum and Mediacom (Pensacola Beach) subscribers and channel 99 for AT&T U-verse subscribers. Watch anytime at ECTV On Demand.
For a complete schedule and information regarding all county meetings, please view the calendar. For more information, please contact the Escambia County Office of Community and Media Relations at 850-595-3476 or CMR@myescambia.com.