Escambia County is pleased to invite the public to attend a ribbon cutting ceremony for the completion of a new bus shelter and 25 sidewalk projects in District 3 on Monday, June 1.
The ceremony will be held at 10:30 a.m. outside the Wedgewood Community Center, 6405 Wagner Road. The public is strongly encouraged to practice social distancing and follow all CDC guidelines during the ceremony. The event will be recorded and made available for virtual viewing. Speakers will include District 3 Commissioner Lumon May, Wedgewood Neighborhood Association board member Lafanetta Soles-Woods, Pastor and Executive Director of Unity in the Family Ministry, Dr. Calvin Avant and Rev. Carrie Brown. One or more commissioners may also attend.
The new sidewalks provide pedestrians and cyclists safer routes to their destinations, while also providing for complete streets, ADA accessibility and walkability connections within the community. The new bus shelter was added near the entrance at the Wedgewood Community Center and is the first sheltered bus stop in the neighborhood.
The Neighborhood and Human Services Department, CRA, Engineering Department and Mass Transit Department partnered to complete the sidewalks and bus shelter for a total cost of approximately $2.8 million, which was funded through LOST, CRA, and CDBG funds.
- Avery Street, from Gary Circle to North “W” Street
- Erres Boulevard, from Massachusetts Avenue to the end of the road
- Diego Circle, from Massachusetts Avenue to the existing sidewalks
- Rochelle Drive, from Massachusetts Avenue to Belair Road
- Chantilly Way, from Massachusetts Avenue to Montclair Road
- Limoges Way, from Monpellier Drive to Landes Drive
- Landes Drive, from Montclair Road to the back of Montclair Elementary School
- Hampton Road, from Rolling Hills to Pinestead Road
- Wagner Road, from Wingfoot Way/ECAT Shelter to Pinestead Road
- Pinestead Road, from Wagner Road to Highway 29
- Leonard Street, from North W Street to North S Street
- Baars Street, from North W Street to North N Street
- St. Mary Avenue, from North W Street to North Pace Boulevard
- West Fisher Street, from North W Street to North S Street
- West Cross Street, from North W Street to North S Street
- West Hayes Street, from North W Street to North S Street
- West Gonzalez Street, from North Y Street just short of North W Street
- North Wentworth Street, from Hernandez Street to Scott Street
- Brownsville Community Center, Shoemaker and DeSoto Streets
- Untreiner Avenue, from Detroit Avenue to Nine Mile Road
- E Street, safety upgrades/pedestrian signals to Avery Street
- Cody Lane, from Olive Road to Johnson Avenue
- Montclair Sidewalks Phase 1, Montclair Road
- Montclair Sidewalks Phase 2, Montclair Road, Medford, Cranston, and Clifton Avenues
- Bobe Street, from North Pace Boulevard to E Street
Seven additional sidewalk projects are currently in the design process:
- Lee Street, from Green Street to W Street (includes sewer installation)
- S Street, from Fairfield Avenue to Scott Street
- Hatton Street, from North W Street to North S Street
- Scott St, from North W Street to North S Street
- St. Catherine Avenue, from North Q Street to Pace Boulevard
- P Street, from Fairfield Avenue to St. Catherine Avenue
- Bus Pad, Johnson Ave, in front of Ensley Elementary School
For more information, contact Community and Media Relations at 850-595-1647 or email@example.com.
The newly-installed bus shelter in front of the Wedgewood Community Center
Completed sidewalks on Avery Street
Completed sidewalks on Wagner Road