Below is a listing of events occurring in November at Escambia County Extension. For more information about Extension events, please call 850-475-5230, visit sfyl.ifas.ufl.edu/escambia or like Escambia Extension on Facebook.
Escambia County Extension location
3740 Stefani Road, Cantonment
UF/IFAS Extension Rummage Sale
- Saturday, Nov. 9, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Langley Bell 4-H Center, 3730 Stefani Road, Cantonment
This event is a multi-family, indoor rummage sale. All proceeds benefit the Escambia County Master Gardener Volunteer Endowment. The regular sale is from 7 a.m. to noon with half price off from noon to 1 p.m.
Limited Pesticide Renewal Training
- Friday, Nov. 8, 8 a.m. to noon, Escambia County Extension, 3740 Stefani Road, Cantonment
Click here to register. This training session gives professionals the opportunity to obtain 4 CEUs (continued education units) hour for pesticide renewal.
Limited Commercial Pesticide Training and Exam
- Thursday, Nov. 14, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Escambia County Extension, 3740 Stefani Road, Cantonment, FL
Click here to register for the exam. If you are taking the exam, you must register and pay before attending the class.
To register, go to the website and choose the link Structural/Residential Pest Control Chapter 482. On the next page, click on Exam Signup. Then, choose Commercial Landscape Maintenance Personnel if you are a for hire company employee. Fill out the next pages and pay your fee. Make sure you bring your voucher number to the class because you must have an electronic issued voucher number to take the exam.
UF/IFAS Extension Escambia County HCE presents 2019 Holiday Classics
- Wednesday, Nov. 13, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Langley Bell 4-H Center, 3730 Stefani Road, Cantonment
This year’s recipes will be “Small Bites, Perfect Party Finger Foods” Attendees must pay $12 to enter. Cooking demonstrations, progressive tasting and recipe booklet are included in the price. For more information, please call (850) 475-5230.
Science Hour – Artificial Reefs – Focus on Bay Bridge
- Thursday, Nov. 14, 6 p.m., Escambia County Central Office Complex. 3363 West Park Place
This session will feature guest speaker Robert Turpin, Marine Resources Division at Escambia County BCC, who will focus on the environmental effects of the bay bridge and artificial reefs.