Molino Elementary School located at 899 Highway 97 is now open as a pet-friendly shelter. Please bring the pet's food, water, bedding, medications, collar with ID tag, familiar items like toys, crate, leash and proof of vaccinations. You must stay at the shelter with your pet. All pets without proof of vaccinations will be vaccinated on site.
Previously announced shelters open to the public during Hurricane Michael:
- Pensacola Bay Center, 201 E. Gregory St.: General population and special needs.
- Escambia County Equestrian Center, 7750 Mobile Highway: Horses only. All horses must have a current Coggins test certificate. For more information, contact the Equestrian Center at 850-941-6042.
If you go to a shelter, you will need to take the following items to support you and your family:
- A change of clothing, rain gear and sturdy shoes
- Toiletries and personal items
- Blankets or sleeping bags and pillows
- ID and any important papers
- Games, toys or books for children
- Books for adults
- Special items for infants or elderly family members
- Any special dietary needs and nonperishable foods for snacks
- Battery-operated radio, flashlights and plenty of spare batteries
- Prescription medications or any over-the-counter medications you normally take