Contact: Tanya Branton, (850) 330-1599, Tanya.email@example.com
Chipley–Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
- U.S. 29 Widening from I-10 to U.S. 90 (Nine Mile Road)- Drivers traveling U.S. 29 and Nine Mile Road will encounter traffic pattern changes from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, June 10 through Saturday, June 16 as follows:
- Nine Mile Road at the U.S. 29 overpass: North and southbound traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Alternating traffic shifts will direct all traffic onto the westbound or eastbound lanes as crews continue construction of the new center bridge deck. Nine Mile Road lane restrictions are Sunday through Friday.
- U.S. 29 between I-10 and 9 1/2 Mile Road: Drivers may experience alternating lane closures as crews continue drainage and paving operations. U.S. 29 lane restrictions are Monday through Saturday.
- Northbound traffic will be transitioned from the northbound bridge to the newly-constructed center bridge section over Nine Mile Road around 8 p.m. Sunday, June 10. The traffic shift will allow crews to begin demolition of the old northbound structure. The current southbound configuration will remain unchanged. Due to the increased vertical clearance of the new bridge, the on-ramp will be extended up to the entrances of Emerald Cuts Salon and the Unitarian Universalist Church. This temporary shift will affect access to businesses and residences on the east side of U.S. 29 between 9 Mile Road and 9 1/2 Mile Road. The following will be in effect for the next 60 days:
- Motorists seeking access to properties on the east side of U.S. 29 will utilize the northbound on-ramp.
- Only right turns will be permitted for vehicles existing driveways from these properties between 9 Mile Road and 9 1/2 Mile Road.
- North Palafox Street will be closed to thru traffic between 9 Mile Road and 9 ½ Mile Road from 8 p.m. Friday, June 8 through 6 a.m. Monday, June 11. This area will be open to local traffic only. The closure will enable crews to place drainage pipes across the roadway at Chauncey Street.
- U.S. 29 Resurfacing between U.S. 90 and Muscogee Road - Alternating lane closures on U.S. 29 north and southbound, from Muscogee Road to West 9 ½ Mile Road, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, June 10 through Thursday, June 14 as crews pave the roadway.
- I-10 / U.S. 29 Interchange Improvements Phase I- The following traffic impacts are planned on I-10 and U.S. 29 near the interchange (Exits 10) from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, June 10 through Thursday, June 14:
- Alternating lane closures on I-10 east and westbound and U.S. 29 north and southbound.
- The U.S. 29 on-ramps to I-10 eastbound will be intermittently closed. Traffic will be detoured on U.S. 29 to access I-10 eastbound.
- Alternating lane closures on the I-10 westbound exit ramp to U.S. 29 north and south (Exit 10).
- U.S. 98 Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement- Alternating east and westbound lane closures between 14th Avenue in Pensacola and Bay Bridge Drive in Gulf Breeze from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, June 10 through Thursday, June 14 as crews perform construction activities.
- U.S. 98 (Lillian Highway) Resurfacing from Perdido Bay Bridge to Dogtrack Road - Alternating and intermittent, east and westbound lane closures from Perdido Bay Bridge to Dogtrack Road from 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, June 10 through Thursday, June 14 as crews perform construction activities.
- U.S. 90 (Mobile Highway) Intersection improvement at County Road (C.R.) 99 (Beulah Road)- To help minimize traffic impacts, much of the construction work will take place behind a low-profile concrete barrier wall. No lane closures will be allowed Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. or 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. In addition, no lane closures will be scheduled during special school events.
- U.S. 29 Routine Bridge Maintenance over Canoe Creek and Mitchell Creek- Traffic will be reduced to one lane over Canoe Creek and Mitchell Creek, about ten miles north of S.R. 97, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, June 11 as crews perform routine bridge maintenance.
- U.S. 90 (Mobile Highway) Temporary Lane Closure- There will be intermittent southbound lane closures on Mobile Highway from New Warrington Road to Edison Avenue 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tuesday, June 12 through Friday, June 15 as crews perform maintenance activities.
- U.S. 98 (Garden Street) in Pensacola- Traffic can expect eastbound, right lane restrictions on Garden Street from Tarragona Street to Alcaniz Street from 5:30 a.m. to 7 a.m. as crews remove sidewalk and install a new driveway connection. In addition, sidewalk will be closed from Manresa Street to Alcaniz Street. Flaggers will be onsite to direct traffic.
- Lillian Highway at 75th Avenue- There will be east and westbound lane restrictions on Lillian Highway at 75th Avenue from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 13 as crews perform maintenance activities.
- Bayou Boulevard (S.R. 296) Partial Turn Lane Closure- The westbound, right turn lane on Bayou Boulevard, just east of 9th avenue, in Pensacola will be partially closed beginning at 6:30 a.m. Monday, June 11 and will remain closed until 3:30 p.m. Friday, July 6 to allow crews to install drainage structures for new private commercial businesses.
All activities are weather dependent and may be delayed or re-scheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.