Contact: Tanya Branton, (850) 330-1599, Tanya.firstname.lastname@example.org
Chipley– Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
- State Road (S.R.) 742 (Creighton Road) Construction Improvement Project from east of Davis Highway (S.R. 291) to Scenic Highway (U.S. 90)- Alternating and intermittent lane closures on Creighton Road between Davis Highway and 9th Ave., and on 9th Ave. at the intersection of Creighton Road from 8:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, April 15 through Saturday, April 21 continue as crews perform milling, paving, sidewalk and curb replacement.
- U.S. 98 Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement - Alternating east and westbound lane closures between 14th Avenue in Pensacola and Bay Bridge Drive in Gulf Breeze, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, April 15 through Thursday, April 19 as crews perform construction activities.
- U.S. 29 Widening from Interstate 10 (I-10) to Nine Mile Road- Drivers traveling U.S. 29 and Nine Mile Road will encounter traffic pattern changes from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, April 15 through Saturday, April 21 as follows:
- Nine Mile Road at the U.S. 29 overpass: North and southbound traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Alternating traffic shifts will direct all traffic onto the westbound or eastbound lanes as crews continue construction of the new center bridge deck. Nine Mile Road lane restrictions are Sunday through Friday.
- U.S. 29 between I-10 and 9 1/2 Mile Road: Drivers may experience alternating lane closures as crews continue drainage and paving operations. U.S. 29 lane restrictions are Monday through Saturday.
- U.S. 29 Resurfacing between U.S. 90 and Muscogee Road - Alternating lane closures on U.S. 29 north and southbound, from Muscogee Road to West 9 ½ Mile Road, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, April 15 through Thursday, April 19 as crews pave the roadway
- I-10 Routine Maintenance Over Perdido River at the Florida/Alabama Line – The east and westbound right (outside) lane will be closed from 8 p.m. Monday, April 16 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, April 17 as crews replace joints on the bridge.
- I-10 Routine Maintenance Over Escambia Bay- Westbound traffic will encounter lane restrictions across the Escambia Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 17 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, April 18 as crews replace joints on the bridge.
- I-10 / U.S. 29 Interchange Improvements Phase I- The following traffic impacts are planned on I-10 and U.S. 29 near the interchange (Exits 10) from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, April 15 through Thursday, April 19.
Alternating lane closures on I-10 east and westbound and U.S. 29 north and southbound.
- The U.S. 29 on-ramps to I-10 eastbound will be intermittently closed. Traffic will be detoured on U.S. 29 to access I-10 eastbound.
- U.S. 98 (S.R. 30) Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement - Alternating lane closures on U.S. 98 east and westbound, between 14th Avenue in Pensacola and Bay Bridge Drive in Gulf Breeze, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, April 15 through Thursday, April 19 as crews perform construction activities.
- S.R. 95 Underground Utility Work Between Salter’s Lake Road and S.R. 4 in Century- The northbound, outside lane between Salter’s Lake Road and S.R. 4 will be closed from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. through Monday, April 23 as crews perform underground utility work.
- Nine Mile Road (S.R. 10/U.S. 90A) Widening from Beulah Road to Pine Forest Road Eight Mile Creek Road near Nine Mile Road will be reduced to one lane from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. the week of Monday, April 16 as crews relocate utilities. Traffic flaggers will be on site to safely direct drivers through the work zone.
- US 29 Pavement Testing from S.R. 4 to the Alabama State Line- There will be intermittent lane restrictions from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, April 16 through Wednesday, April 19 as crews perform pavement testing.
- S.R. 292 (Perdido Key Drive) Turn Lane Construction just east of River Road-The Traffic shift on Perdido Key Drive, just east of River Road, will continue through 8 a.m. Friday, May 4. The temporary shift will allow crews to construct an eastbound, left and westbound, right turn lane. Lane width will be reduced to 11-feet and the speed limit will be lowered to 35 miles per hour within the construction zone.
All activities are weather dependent and may be delayed or re-scheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.