Contact: Tanya Branton, (850) 330-1599, Tanya.email@example.com
Chipley– Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities. There will be no highway construction on major roadways along spring break routes across Northwest Florida. No work on state roads requiring lane closures from March 9 through March 25.
- U.S. 98, State Road (S.R.) 196, S.R. 289 (Gregory Street/Garden Street, Bayfront Parkway, Ninth Avenue Road Closures for McGuire’s St. Patrick's Day Run- There will be road closures from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday, March 10 on the following state roads in Pensacola for the annual St. Patrick’s Day Run. A detour route will be signed and law enforcement on site to direct traffic.
- Gregory Street from 14th Avenue to Bayfront Parkway
- Garden Street from Jefferson Street to Gregory Street
- Bayfront Parkway from 9th Avenue to 14th Avenue
- 9th Avenue from Gregory Street to Wright Street
- S.R. 196 (Bayfront Parkway) Maritime De Luna Duathlon Run- Bayfront Parkway from Tarragona Street to Salamanca Street will be closed from 4 a.m. to 12 p.m. Sunday, March 11 for the 2018 Maritime DeLuca Duathlon. A detour route will be signed and law enforcement on site to direct traffic.
- I-10/U.S. 29 Interchange Improvements Phase I - Interstate 10 (I-10) westbound drivers destined for U.S. 29 north (Cantonment) and U.S. 29 south (Pensacola) will begin using the new Exit 10 Sunday, March 11. A new U.S. 29 traffic signal, located at the bottom of the ramp, will manage traffic exiting I-10 as well as U.S. 29 north and southbound traffic. There will be alternating lane closures on I-10, U.S. 29 and associated ramps from 8 p.m. Sunday, March 11 to 6 a.m. Monday, March 12 as crews prepare the exit ramp for traffic. The current I-10 Exit 10A will be permanently closed.
- S.R. 742 (Creighton Road) Construction Improvement Project from east of Davis Highway to Scenic Highway- Intermittent and alternating lane closures between Davis Highway and Scenic Highway from 8:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, Mar. 11 through Saturday, Mar. 17 continue as crews perform milling, paving, sidewalk and curb replacement.
- U.S. 29 Resurfacing between U.S. 90 and Muscogee Road - Alternating lane closures on U.S. 29 north and southbound, from Muscogee Road to West 9 ½ Mile Road, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, March 11 through Saturday, March 17 as crews pave the roadway.
- U.S. 98 Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement - Alternating east and westbound lane closures between 14th Avenue in Pensacola and Bay Bridge Drive in Gulf Breeze, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, March 11 through Sunday, March 18 as crews perform construction activities.
- U.S. 29 Widening from I-10 to Nine Mile Road- Drivers traveling U.S. 29 and Nine Mile Road will encounter traffic pattern changes from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, March 11 through Saturday, March 17 as follows:
- Nine Mile Road at the U.S. 29 overpass: North and southbound traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Alternating traffic shifts will direct all traffic onto the westbound or eastbound lanes as crews continue construction of the new center bridge deck. Nine Mile Road lane restrictions are Sunday through Friday
- U.S. 29 between I-10 and 9 1/2 Mile Road: Drivers may experience alternating lane closures as crews continue drainage and paving operations. U.S. 29 lane restrictions are Monday through Saturday.
- S.R. 10 (U.S. 90) Over Escambia River Routine Bride Inspection- There will be intermittent east and westbound lane restrictions on U.S. 90 over the Escambia River, 5.4 miles east of U.S. 29, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, March 12 as crews perform a routine bridge inspection.