Contact: Tanya Branton, (850) 330-1599, Tanya.firstname.lastname@example.org
Chipley– Drivers will encounter traffic variations on the following state roads in Escambia County as crews perform construction and maintenance activities. For the upcoming Thanksgiving holidays, there will be no lane closures on the interstate or state roads beginning at 7 a.m. Wednesday, November 22, and ending at 11:59 p.m. Sunday, November 26. All major roads will be open to normal traffic.
- Interstate 10 (I-10)/U.S. 29 Interchange Improvements Phase I - The following traffic impacts are planned on I-10 and U.S. 29 near the interchange (Exits 10A and 10B) from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 19 through Tuesday, Nov. 21:
- Alternating lane closures on I-10 east and westbound and U.S. 29 north and southbound.
- The U.S. 29 on-ramps to I-10 eastbound will be intermittently closed. Traffic will be detoured on U.S. 29 to access I-10 eastbound.
- The exit ramp from I-10 westbound to U.S. 29 south (Exit 10A) will be intermittently closed. Traffic will be detoured to Exit 10B.
- Alternating lane closures on the I-10 westbound exit ramp to U.S. 29 north (Exit 10B).
- I-10 Widening from Davis Highway to the Escambia Bay Bridge- Drivers will encounter the following traffic impacts from 7 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. beginning Friday, Nov. 17 as crews perform paving work.
- Alternating lane closures on I-10 east and westbound near Scenic Highway Friday, Nov. 17 and Sunday, Nov. 19 through Tuesday, Nov. 21.
- The on-ramp from Scenic Highway to I-10 westbound will be intermittently closed Sunday, Nov. 19 through Tuesday, Nov. 21. Traffic will be detoured on I-10 eastbound to Avalon Boulevard (Exit 22) to access I-10 westbound.
- The I-10 eastbound off-ramp to Scenic Highway will be intermittently closed Sunday, Nov. 19 through Tuesday, Nov. 21. Traffic on I-10 eastbound will be detoured to Avalon Boulevard (Exit 22) to access I-10 westbound to Scenic Highway.
- U.S. 98 (S.R. 30) Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement – Alternating east and westbound lane closures on U.S. 98 (Bayfront Parkway), between 14th Avenue and the bridge, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 19 through Tuesday, Nov. 21 as crews place temporary lane separators and barrier wall.
Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through the construction zone, and to pay attention for workers and equipment entering and exiting the work area. All activities are weather dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.