Contact: Tanya Branton, (850) 330-1599, Tanya.firstname.lastname@example.org
Chipley– Drivers will encounter traffic variations on the following state roads in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
- State Road (S.R.) 196 (Bayfront Parkway) Temporary Closure for Pensacola Veterans Day Parade- Bayfront Parkway will be closed and traffic detoured from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11 for the 2017 Veterans Day Parade
- Eastbound: Garden Street, Alcaniz Street, Chase Street, and Bayfront Parkway.
- Westbound: Bayfront Parkway, 14th Avenue, Gregory Street, Alcaniz Street, Garden Street, and Reus Street.
- Temporary Road Closures on Bayfront Parkway, Cervantes Street/Scenic Highway, Texar Drive, Palafox Street, Garden Street and Pace Boulevard - Motorists may encounter delays as there will be temporary closures on the below state roads from 6:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 12 for the 2017 Pensacola Marathon.
- Bayfront Parkway east from 9th Avenue. to 17th Avenue.
- Cervantes/Scenic Highway east/north from 17th Avenue to Summit Boulevard.
- Texar Drive west from 9th Avenue to Palafox Street.
- Palafox Street south from Texar Drive to Garden Street.
- Garden Street west to Pace Boulevard.
- Pace Boulevard south to Barrancas Street.
- Interstate 10 (I-10)/U.S. 29 Interchange Improvements Phase I - Drivers will encounter the following traffic impacts on I-10 and U.S. 29 near the interchange (Exits 10A and 10B) from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 12 through Thursday, Nov. 16 as crews perform construction activities.
- Alternating lane closures on I-10 east and westbound and U.S. 29 north and southbound.
- Intermittent closure of the U.S. 29 south to I-10 eastbound ramp and the U.S. 29 north to I-10 eastbound ramp. Traffic will be detoured on U.S. 29 to access I-10 eastbound.
- Intermittent closure of the I-10 westbound to U.S. 29 south ramp (Exit 10A). Traffic will be detoured to Exit 10B.
- Alternating lane closures on the I-10 westbound to U.S. 29 north ramp (Exit 10B).
- I-10 Widening from Davis Highway to the Escambia Bay Bridge- The on-ramp from Scenic Highway to I-10 westbound will be closed from 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 12 to 6:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 13. Traffic will be detoured on I-10 eastbound to Avalon Boulevard (Exit 22) to access I-10 westbound. In addition, drivers will encounter alternating lane closures on I-10 east and westbound near Scenic Highway from 7 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 12 through Thursday, Nov. 16 as crews perform paving operations.
- U.S. 29 Widening from I-10 to Nine Mile Road- Drivers traveling U.S. 29 and Nine Mile Road will encounter traffic pattern changes from 8 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 12 through Saturday, Nov. 18 as follows:
- Nine Mile Road at the U.S. 29 overpass: The nightly eastbound traffic shift onto the westbound inside travel lane continue as crews prepare the area for construction of the support column for the new center bridge deck. Lane restrictions are Sundays, through Thursdays.
- U.S. 29 between I-10 and 9 1/2 Mile Road: Drivers may experience alternating lane closures as crews perform drainage operations.
- U.S. 98 (S.R. 30) Pensacola Bay Bridge Replacement – Drivers will encounter the following traffic impacts on U.S. 98 near the Pensacola Bay Bridge the week of Sunday, Nov. 12.
- U.S. 98 (Bayfront Parkway) east and westbound alternating lane closures, between 14th Avenue and the bridge, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 12 through Saturday, Nov. 18 as crews perform striping work and place temporary curb.
- U.S. 98 eastbound near 14th Avenue will be shifted to the left for utility work. Two lanes of traffic will remain open in each direction.
- S.R. 742 (Creighton Road) Construction Improvement Project from east of Davis Highway to Scenic Highway– Intermittent and alternating lane closures between Davis Highway and Scenic Highway from 8:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 13 through Thursday, Nov. 16 continue as crews perform milling and paving operations, curb replacement, sidewalk repairs, and Americans with Disabilities Act upgrades.
- Nine Mile Road (S.R. 10/U.S. 90A) Widening from Pine Forest Road to U.S. 29- Alternating lane closures on Untreiner Avenue from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, Nov. 13 through Friday, Nov. 17 as crews perform jack and bore operations.
- I-110 North and Southbound Routine Bridge Maintenance-There will be north and southbound lane restrictions from 8 p.m. Monday, Nov. 13, to 5 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 14 as crews perform routine bridge maintenance at various locations.
- I-10 Routine Maintenance between I-110 and Davis Highway- There will be alternating east and westbound lane restrictions from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 14 through Thursday, Nov. 16 as crews replace lights on overhead lights and signs.
Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through the construction zone, and to pay attention for workers and equipment entering and exiting the work area. All activities are weather dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.