Grants for businesses of Escambia County that have faced economic hardship due to COVID-19 related issues. News release with additional information
Businesses wishing to apply for this grant will need to supply:
- Fully completed application, including certifications, affirmations, acknowledgements.
- State of Florida active business registration from SunBiz.org is registered in Escambia County effective October 2019 (will need to confirm still in business as of date of application and is expected to return to full operations after local and state emergency guidelines during COVID‐19 are rescinded). If the business is not registered in SunBiz, a business license or documentation with an Escambia County address will be required.
- Documentation of any PPP funding (must be less than $10,000 to be eligible).
- Copy of owner’s Driver’s License, state ID or passport.
- Entire 2019 tax return.
- IRS Form 941 first quarter 2020.
- A completed and signed IRS W‐9 form. Applicants will be instructed that they can find this form at: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs‐pdf/fw9.pdf
- Provide attestation that request is valid and truthful.
To qualify for the grant, businesses will need to show proof:
To be eligible, businesses must not be engaged in:
- That the business cannot be publicly traded.
- Must be current on ad valorem taxes, if any.
- No current unpaid code enforcement liens or violation of federal, state, or local laws/ordinances.
- Less than 50 full or part-time employees.
- Must have been negatively impacted by COVID-19 after March 1, 2020.
- Received less than $10,000 in Payroll Protection Program loans from Small Business Administration.
- Derives more than one-third of gross annual revenue from legal gambling activities
- Illegal activity
- Presents live performances of a sexual nature or derive directly or indirectly more than 2.5% gross revenues through the sales of products and services, or the presentation of any depictions or displays of a sexual nature
- Primarily facilitates polyamorous relationships
- Unlicensed massage parlors and unlicensed massage therapists
- Hot tub use facilities
- Escort services