Electronics and Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) or household chemical waste is collected year round at the Perdido Landfill for no charge for Escambia County residents. We also collect HHW and Electronics for no charge at quarterly Regional Roundups for Escambia County residents. We do not accept any material from businesses. These materials cannot go into the trash because they are toxic and may contaminate local water sources. For more information call (850) 937-2160.
Materials considered HHW:
- Used oil (5 gallon limit)
- Fluorescent Bulbs (up to 8 ft. long, no more than 10 per customer)
- CFL, compact fluorescent light ( no more than 10 per customer)
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Oil-based and latex paints (up to 20 gallons)
- Paint removers
- Mineral spirits
- Brake fluid
- Gasoline (up to 10 gallons)
- Household cleaners (glass, bathroom, kitchen, etc.)
- Pool chemicals
- Batteries (rechargeable, lithium, computer, cell phone, etc.)
- Auto, marine and motorcycle batteries
- Old ammunition, flares, fireworks (50 caliber maximum)
- Propane and scuba tanks
- Sharps (they must be labeled in a container that is puncture resistant)
Materials not accepted as HHW:
- Medical waste (call the Escambia County Sheriff's Office, ECUA or Walgreens for "Drug Take Back Event" information regarding old medications. Do not pour down drains or dispose of in the garbage.)
- TV’s, cell phones, remote controls, gaming systems, wiring, circuit boards, radios, keyboard and mouse, printers, copiers, microwaves, speakers, computers, cameras, monitors, etc.
We hold 5-6 Regional Roundup events each year (one in each district and also one in Century.) No charge. We accept HHW, Electronics, and up to 4 tires per vehicle per household at the Regional Roundups.
This is a drop off program, load items in your car, bring proof of residency for Escambia County, and drive up. Materials will be off-loaded for you; you do not even have to get out of your car. Large amounts of electronics must be brought to landfill. Call for an appointment. We will not accept more than 4 tires per household per vehicle at a Regional Roundup event.
Regional Roundups are held on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
May 14, 2016 - Pensacola High School
Free Reblended Paint
We take good latex paint, screen it, reblend it, rescreen and recant into five-gallon buckets. We give this reblended paint away for the cost of a new empty five-gallon bucket with a new lid. Colors include creamy white, blue, green and other colors depending on what we have it stock. Call (850) 937-2160 for more info.