Olive Road East is a District 4 Roadway Reconstruction and Drainage project located east of Davis Highway. 2.3 miles of roadway reconstruction will be completed from Davis Highway to Johnson Avenue. Construction will include a two-lane curb and gutter with a center continuous left-turn lane; bike paths; and sidewalks; re-alignment of Johnson Avenue with Harbour Square Drive and a complete overhaul of the drainage system, including two stormwater ponds. Project to be constructed in two phases.
Construction from Gregg Road to Yancey Avenue will continue through February 2018
- 85% Complete
- Traffic Patterns Shifting to south 2 lanes for north lane construction
- Barricaded Lane Shifts In Place
- North Lane Roadway Work Underway
- South & Center Lane Paving: Ist Layer Complete (Final overlay to follow)
- Access driveways to properties on the north side of Olive Road will be opened intermittently as the north lane construction proceeds. Left-Hand turns will be limited, and drivers may be required to make U-Turns at the open intersections to reach their destinations.
- Expect Traffic Delays During Lane Shifts
- 100% Plans in Review for Bid Plan Preparation
- Bid to Purchasing: November 2017
- Anticipated Construction: 2018